which camcorder is better

I'm trying to figure out which camcorder is better. I'll be going on a trip in Japan and I would like to film the area and vlog with it

I am on a budget of 200 euro, I found 2 nice camcorders that can film in 1080p and they look reasonable, but I have no idea which one would be better

Sony Handycam HDR-CX240E or Panasonic HC-V160

if you're going to vlog I would recommend getting a camera like this

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

I'm trying to figure out which camcorder is better. I'll be going on a trip in Japan and I would like to film the area and vlog with it

I am on a budget of 200 euro, I found 2 nice camcorders that can film in 1080p and they look reasonable, but I have no idea which one would be better

Sony Handycam HDR-CX240E or Panasonic HC-V160

Tough decision, both will have similar performance in video image quality.  Personally if I had to choose just between these two I'd get the Sony, as the Panasonic is 1080 interlaced at 60fps while the Sony is 1080 progressive at 50 fps.

The Panasonic uses NTSC region frame rates and the Sony uses PAL region frame rates.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

or should the Sony Handycam HDR-CX405 be a better choice?, that one is only a little above my budget

Comparing the specs, the CX405 is slightly better.  The image quality will be about the same, and depending on where in the world you buy I guess you will get regional frame rates (i.e. NTSC or PAL).  The 405 has a tiny bit longer optical zoom, 30x vs 27x.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

the 405 also has optical stabilization and the other one is digital. Optical is better right?

They both have the same kind of image stabilization.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/431022/canon-legria-hf-r606-zwart/specificaties/

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/372544/canon-legria-hf-r506-zwart/specificaties/

The Canon Legria HF R606 or R506 should have a bit better image quality because the sensor size is a bit bigger, at 1/4.85" compared to Sony's smaller 1/5.8" sensor. However, I'm not sure how image stabilization or other features compare.

You'll have to look for YouTube reviews/comparisons for that. The Legria HF R606's U.S. counterpart should be the Vixia HF R600 - that might give you an easier time searching for reviews. 

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/431022/canon-legria-hf-r606-zwart/specificaties/

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/372544/canon-legria-hf-r506-zwart/specificaties/

The Canon Legria HF R606 or R506 should have a bit better image quality because the sensor size is a bit bigger, at 1/4.85" compared to Sony's smaller 1/5.8" sensor. However, I'm not sure how image stabilization or other features compare.

You'll have to look for YouTube reviews/comparisons for that. The Legria HF R606's U.S. counterpart should be the Vixia HF R600 - that might give you an easier time searching for reviews. 

At this price point, both the Sony cameras that OP is considering and the Canon cameras you recommended should be very close competition.  There won't be very significant differences that make one model a lot better than the other. There are some slight differences, but it will depend on the buyer's needs.  My needs in a camcorder might be different from yours.

• The Canon has a slightly larger sensor and longer optical zoom
  • But the Sony seems to have a slightly wider field of view at the widest focal length.

35mm equiv. focal length, assuming both are just showing the optical focal length without the digital zoom portion.

Sony: 26.8 - 804mm

Canon: 38.5mm-1232mm (Advanced zoom: 32.5mm - 1853mm)