Best aussie ISP?

destroyer8769

Well, at the moment I am sitting on 30KBP/s with telstra, and I am seriously tired of them. I average 350KBP/s (3.5Mbp/s) and even that is terrible. 

So, here is my question, what are the best aussie ISPs in you opinion for uptime and speed?

I am definitely considering switching.

(i know it isn't my router (its good for much faster speeds))

Well, at the moment I am sitting on 30KBP/s with telstra, and I am seriously tired of them. I average 350KBP/s (3.5Mbp/s) and even that is terrible. 

So, here is my question, what are the best aussie ISPs in you opinion for uptime and speed?

Spirit Telecom mate.

Give me a boost. 

Optus is working generally fine for me (that said I'm not the one paying for it)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Spirit Telecom mate.

Contacted them before, eagerly awaiting response

Optus is working generally fine for me (that said I'm not the one paying for it)

i thought about going with them, but reviews were bad and bigpond upgraded me from 200 GB a month to 500

If you located in Adelaide have a look at Uniti Wireless. They offer 25 down and 10 up. PTP wifi setup. (Wish I could get it.) http://www.unitiwireless.com/

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

1. how far are you from the exchange?

2. I assume you are running adsl, but what type? 1 or 2?

3. if there is water in the conduit, you might get a more stable connection by setting the line to g.dmt (adsl1 speeds, but much more stable -> i did this a while back with TPG to prove new copper was required (among other things))

4. Changing between ISPs wont change a thing if you are still using the same cable (hint you will be), with exception of cost and quota.

5. Unless you are going to be moving to fibre (min $5000 install cost + larger subscription fees), if you are staying on copper or moving to cable, you cables are still going through the same conduits so you will run into the same issues.

3. if there is water in the conduit, you might get a more stable connection by setting the line to g.dmt (adsl1 speeds, but much more stable -> i did this a while back with TPG to prove new copper was required (among other things))

4. Changing between ISPs wont change a thing if you are still using the same cable (hint you will be), with exception of cost and quota.

5. Unless you are going to be moving to fibre (min $5000 install cost + larger subscription fees), if you are staying on copper or moving to cable, you cables are still going through the same conduits so you will run into the same issues.

This is exactly correct. I'm not sure where you are but are Wireless ISP's might be an option, they install a line of sight antenna to your roof pointing at a tall building in your city, and most of the time they cost marginally more than ADSL and have higher install fees however do have higher speeds most of the time and if not more reliable than Adsl.

1. About 4 kms iirc

2. Not too sure, got it set to ADSL 2+ on router though

3. not sure how to

4. Damn

5. Damn again, anyone know any good line of site providers? im on top of a hill so that shouldn't be an issue

1. About 4 kms iirc

2. Not too sure, got it set to ADSL 2+ on router though

3. not sure how to

4. Damn

5. Damn again, anyone know any good line of site providers? im on top of a hill so that shouldn't be an issue

Where are you located as a lot of the time they are not national companies

Where are you located as a lot of the time they are not national companies

Located on the GC, QLD

Located on the GC, QLD

So there are:

http://wiresbroadband.com.au/about-us/check-coverage.html

https://www.clearnetworks.com.au/fixed-wireless/availability-coverage

so far that is what i've found. will keep looking around

Note: I have no experience with either company

So there are:

http://wiresbroadband.com.au/about-us/check-coverage.html

https://www.clearnetworks.com.au/fixed-wireless/availability-coverage

so far that is what i've found. will keep looking around

Note: I have no experience with either company

Im fairly sure there are no nbn rollouts in my area :(, know any good Line of Sight providers? I found one called node-1

Im fairly sure there are no nbn rollouts in my area :(, know any good Line of Sight providers? I found one called node-1

No sorry, I live in SA so im just googling ones that are up there.

No sorry, I live in SA so im just googling ones that are up there.

ok, well thanks anyway!

Well its back to 150 KBP/s , still 200 less than usual, but at least i can browse the internet