Cleaning PC

AllHokage
Go to solution Solved by rik1254,

As long as you don't open the AIO loop, you can clean the pipes and rad housing with a cloth and a blast of compressed air to the rad fins to blow out any dust.

Personally I like to change my paste every 6 months (I clean my PC every 3 months), but considering you want to clean the rad I would just take it all off and change the paste too.

Hello everyone,

So It's coming up to a year nearly since I got my gaming PC, I was thinking about cleaning it soon. I know I need compressed air to get all the dust and a microfiber cloth for the rest. But I was wondering do I need to clean my closed water cooling loop or maintain it somehow? And also should I reapply thermal paste to the CPU? Or any other things?

Thanks.

Might add this later...

As long as you don't open the AIO loop, you can clean the pipes and rad housing with a cloth and a blast of compressed air to the rad fins to blow out any dust.

Personally I like to change my paste every 6 months (I clean my PC every 3 months), but considering you want to clean the rad I would just take it all off and change the paste too.

"If it doesn't move, you didn't hit it hard enough with a hammer"