compatible processor Core 2 Duo / Pentium 4?

Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

I know I have D915GAG (LGA 775 socket), does that mean every LGA 775 processor is compatible with the motherboard?

I did some DuckDuckGo in order to avoid this question but... what mobo website? can you share the link? :P

No, only Penium 4's(and Celrons) that are 600 series and 500 series. The Core 2 duo worn't work with the D915GAG.

browsing on Amazon I noticed an Intel Core 2 Duo with Intel Pentium 4 processors but I thought they were two different things. so, if the motherboard says it's compatible with Pentium 4 does that mean I can put a Core 2 Duo on it? also, the one on Amazon is 1333MHz and my motherboard is 800MHz, can I still (under)use it at 800MHz or must I purschase a Core 2 Duo 800MHz?

I didn't find a sub-forum dedicated to processors (sorry if I missed it)

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/5-cpus-motherboards-and-memory/

what you want to look for is an lga775 socket motherboard, then from there go to the mobo website for compatible cpus  

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

I know I have D915GAG (LGA 775 socket), does that mean every LGA 775 processor is compatible with the motherboard?

I did some DuckDuckGo in order to avoid this question but... what mobo website? can you share the link? :P

No, only Penium 4's(and Celrons) that are 600 series and 500 series. The Core 2 duo worn't work with the D915GAG.

Not every LGA775 processor is compatible with every LGA775 motherboard. The chipset defines a lot of what you can do with it.

browsing on Amazon I noticed an Intel Core 2 Duo with Intel Pentium 4 processors but I thought they were two different things. so, if the motherboard says it's compatible with Pentium 4 does that mean I can put a Core 2 Duo on it? also, the one on Amazon is 1333MHz and my motherboard is 800MHz, can I still (under)use it at 800MHz or must I purschase a Core 2 Duo 800MHz?

I didn't find a sub-forum dedicated to processors (sorry if I missed it)

That motherboard only supports Netburst based CPU, so only Celerons and Pentium 4.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

well, I'll forget about processor upgrades then  <_<  

the only Pentium 4 I could find is in Amazon and it's $748 lol

thank you guys!

well, I'll forget about processor upgrades then  <_<  

the only Pentium 4 I could find is in Amazon and it's $748 lol

thank you guys!

Try Ebay, In Australia I can get them for less than $10

PMSL

Try Ebay, In Australia I can get them for less than $10

thanks for the tip! I was going for Amazon since they recently "opened" in my country. I have never purchased from Ebay so I hope they send stuff to México. Thanks again

thanks for the tip! I was going for Amazon since they recently "opened" in my country. I have never purchased from Ebay so I hope they send stuff to México. Thanks again

They should, and this Pentium 4 670 is in the US:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Pentium-4-670-3-8GHz-2M-775-800MHz-CPU-Processor-SL8PY-SL7Z3-Free-Shipping-/121804597630?hash=item1c5c1ea97e:g:ct8AAOSw5VFWL~I1

Here is the search, and there are plenty from Hong Kong and China that seem to offer free shipping for Pentium 4 670 up to $20

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=pentium%204%20670&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo&_udhi=20

PMSL