When 4k @ > 60hz

CostcoSamples1

I know right now it is a DP 1.2 bandwidth problem.  When is this going to be solved and when will be start seeing gaming monitors at 4k 75hz+ ?  Any info on this?  Is it coming soon-ish or are we looking at over a year?

Best option right now is 3440X1440 100Hz on the X34 Predator

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Give it another year for the tech to mature a bit(better pricing/more options). But right now, as posted by Swndler, only the Acer X34 predator is the best one available.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

When will it? When we ACTUALLY HAVE HARDWARE TO PUSH 4k 144 FPS

:D

Dude, not everybody spends all their time on AAA games.  Some of us still play CS:GO, TF2, Diablo 3, etc.  It is not hard to get over 60fps at 4k on these games.

Dude, not everybody spends all their time on AAA games.  Some of us still play CS:GO, TF2, Diablo 3, etc.  It is not hard to get over 60fps at 4k on these games.

...and? My point still stands...

Until we get consumer grade hardware to easily push the games people want at resolutions and refresh rates like that we won't get too many panels to do so with

Although we are getting close

...and? My point still stands...

Until we get consumer grade hardware to easily push the games people want at resolutions and refresh rates like that we won't get too many panels to do so with

Although we are getting close

What your saying is fine but it is not overly helpful.  My original question was an effort to see if anybody had heard anything new on the topic.  

Today, display options for gamers are very diverse and exciting, but a lot of people would prefer a large 4k display.  There are no large 4k gaming displays.  32" displays are pretty good, but generally focused on productivity and are expensive.  40" Korean monitors are the best option at the moment (and they have quality issues).  For me, I'd pay $1k to $1.5k on a large, premium quality 4k display if it could at least push 75hz with low input lag, VA/IPS etc.  I know I'm dreaming.  We just have to wait.

Anyway, I looked it up, the following is from vesa.org website:

Q: Will DisplayPort 1.3 enable further performance enhancements to 4K UHD displays?

A: Yes, when including the new HBR3 link rate option, DisplayPort 1.3 will enable a 4K UHD display to operate at a 120Hz refresh rate using 24-bit pixels, or a 96Hz refresh rate using 30-bit pixels.

Q: When will I be able to buy products that use DisplayPort 1.3?

A: Products that support new DisplayPort features defined in DisplayPort 1.3 should become available in 2015. Early implementations could very likely use DisplayPort Alt Mode over USB Type-C – See DisplayPort Alt Mode for USB Type-C FAQs for more information.