Predator XB1

Pandacake

Which one would be better the XB1 or the X34?

When you split displayport, will it downclock the refresh rate? e.g. 2 monitors and 1 gpu.

What would you reccomend?

thanks in advance.

The two monitors offer very different experiences. What is it you normally do on the PC?

Obligatory, don't buy the X34, ACER has bad QC. :P

The two monitors offer very different experiences. What is it you normally do on the PC?

Obligatory, don't buy the X34, ACER has bad QC. :P

Yeah i decided to go for the XB1 instead.

Can you tell me what happens if i split my displayport for 2 monitors? would it still support the 144hz?

I am about to buy Ambivision, in order to get it work i need to split the dp one for the monitor and one for the ambivision.

thanks

Isn't Ambivision VGA support only? That shouldn't cut into the wire bandwidth so, if you can find the correct wire that supports it I don't why it would interfere.

If you ever do a review on that, @ me. Always been interested in those light kits for an addition to the HTPC uses.

Isn't Ambivision VGA support only? That shouldn't cut into the wire bandwidth so, if you can find the correct wire that supports it I don't why it would interfere.

If you ever do a review on that, @ me. Always been interested in those light kits for an addition to the HTPC uses.

Yes but you can use an adapter like vga to dp or to hdmi. And yes i will review the ambivision, i am really curious how it performs on 144hz or higher.

thanks man

@Pandacake Running a splitter to converter sounds like alot could go wrong with the conversions so make sure you get the correct ones. In theory though a 144Hz signal has enough room to allow a VGA signal to coexist from the same cable. Good luck with it.

@Pandacake Running a splitter to converter sounds like alot could go wrong with the conversions so make sure you get the correct ones. In theory though a 144Hz signal has enough room to allow a VGA signal to coexist from the same cable. Good luck with it.

I don't get that last part. So the the ambivision will not run 144hz because of the VGA port?

I just mail'd the ambivision team lab, and they said it will support 144hz on 1440p but will not support G-SYNC.

No, no. I'm talking about a DP cable and the bandwidth it has for a 1440p 144Hz signal + a full VGA signal and I agree there should be enough room for both to work on the cable without bottlenecking or limiting the other signal. The email you had with them confirmed what I thought, now it's just a matter of getting the correct converter/splitter cables that will continue to support it.