battery for PC?

agricola
Go to solution Solved by SirReallySam,

UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

are there batteries for desktop PC's so that when the power fails you still have the option to shutdown your system safely,

as whit a notebook?

Look up UPS.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

UPS was a possibility, but unless you lose power multiple times / day, I doubt it's a good investement.

If you have very important work and you cannot lose what you are working on [say as a job] maybe get a UPS otherwise, I doubt there's much point in it ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

It's called a UPS.

Look up UPS.

UPS was a possibility, but unless you lose power multiple times / day, I doubt it's a good investement.

If you have very important work and you cannot lose what you are working on [say as a job] maybe get a UPS otherwise, I doubt there's much point in it ^^

3 posts within 1 min after he posted his question, fuck tech support 4 ever ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

As people have said before a UPS is the way to go, however why do you need to be able to safely shut down in the event of power loss? is this a workstation?

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

3 posts within 1 min after he posted his question, fuck tech support 4 ever ^^

I know right. We're such a helpful community ;D

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

It's cheaper to buy a dedicated media PC and back up every hour. You don't get the added security on projects you are working on, but learn to save often and it is usually enough.

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD