Learning Web Development and Design Group.

Hey LTT,

I've had this idea for a little bit. I have not put a lot of thought through it yet, and don't have any major plans, but I thought it would be a good idea to get it out there. I want a small group of users that are dedicated to learning, or refreshing their memory with web development and design. 

I came from a poor internet background. I learned at a young age the art of exploitation with a group of users back in the day on Palringo. Ever since then I've always had a group of users; we would work together on anything, and always managed to make money to fund these projects. We learned off each other. We were friends. I remember working with one user on a large business project, and we would stay up all night and day just programming together. Nothing like no sleep for a few days while we burn money on servers.

Most of these users either ended up being arrested, quitting, or falling into drugs. I quit and I now have a real job. (They got into their own trouble)

I recently received a message from one if my old developer buddies after a long time of no contact. He has decided to turn his life around, and I want to help. I want to get back into programming, and this time web development. No I won't be staying up pulling all nighters since I have work, and school. Work obviously comes first before anything. Since I haven't worked with anything for a long time, I thought it would be a great idea to start fresh.

Start with some HTML/CSS learning websites with a set amount of hours a day. We must all complete at least 1 hour of learning with whatever website we decide to learn from. Specifically one with a progress bar, and badges such as codecademy. Why? It will be easy to organize,and see where we are all at. After we complete some basic course, and languages we will then move onto our own projects.

I will obviously fund everything which includes our central server, domain, ect. This will obviously take some dedicated users. Will it work? Who knows. I just want to learn with a group like I used too. Having fun is our goal.

Everything will be legal. Zero illegal, or gray zone projects will be allowed.

Thanks. Thoughts?

blackshades on

lynda.com with LLT Code

theres a ton of free Web Hosting such as .co.vu and .xyz you know for web testing

Google AdSense (theres nothing wrong to have some money)

Good Luck! :D

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

lynda.com with LLT Code

theres a ton of free Web Hosting such as .co.vu and .xyz you know for web testing

Google AdSense (theres nothing wrong to have some money)

Good Luck! :D

I used to have a co.vu premium account. Where did the time go?

blackshades on

This is a nice idea. I'm actually having a hard time learning online by myself, and this might help. Count me in :D

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

This is a nice idea. I'm actually having a hard time learning online by myself, and this might help. Count me in :D

I had a really hard time by myself as well. Mostly the reason why I stopped. Once I organize things a little better, I'll let you know. I don't want this to be a super serious thing, but rather a fun, productive, and interesting experience.

blackshades on

I had a really hard time by myself as well. Mostly the reason why I stopped. Once I organize things a little better, I'll let you know. I don't want this to be a super serious thing, but rather a fun, productive, and interesting experience.

I'm down man, currently learning SQL but I'm picking up a book for HTML 5 and CSS3 which I'll be going hard learning during winter break. I'm located in Vancouver so were actually pretty close to each other too!

I'm down man, currently learning SQL but I'm picking up a book for HTML 5 and CSS3 which I'll be going hard learning during winter break. I'm located in Vancouver so were actually pretty close to each other too!

Oh wow nice! Books work pretty well. I'll contact you later on.

blackshades on

I have a membership at Digital Tutors but I usually study Game development and 3d content creation. If this ever comes to fruition, I might just actually study their web development courses on the side as it has always been my second passion.

Will you be exploring javascript, API calls etc?

Just doing the best I can with the limited knowledge I have

Will you be exploring javascript, API calls etc?

Yes. PHP, SQL, and possibly python. We obviously won't learn everything, but that's why we are together. Even if someone only learns HTML, or CSS; that's fine.

blackshades on

Yes. PHP, SQL, and possibly python. We obviously won't learn everything, but that's why we are together. Even if someone only learns HTML, or CSS; that's fine.

Count me in.... definitely!

We are doing some work with RaspberryPi's and this could let me be more creative, rather than just get others to do it for me :P

Just doing the best I can with the limited knowledge I have

This sounds rather interesting. I couldn't commit to anything because I have Highers going on at School for the next two years :/ But it definitely sounds cool :)

I have done some other work in HTML & CSS before as well. If you want to check it out it's www.orkneypestcontrol.co.uk (It's currently only a splash page as the main one is under development still (aka I'm waiting for the paragraphs and pictures))

Sounds cool, hmu if this goes anywhere.

@thechez99 so the worst part of making a website, dealing with the client? :P

@prolemur My client was my Dad so he was rather easy and whenever I did anything he was like "Awesome!" So that was awesome. The difficult bit was uploading the website to our host (1&1) who are absolute crap...