Andriod touchscreen help

Hey, for about a year now my phone has been having some weird issues, the touch screen becomes very non responsive to touch, if i can get it to acknowledge me and unlock the phone it spams buttons on the screen, but now the sessions in which it does this have been getting longer making the phone practically worthless. Furthermore the bottom bar used for navigation never detects when i touch it. I have a nexus 4 running andriod 5.1 cyanogen mod. I have tried many different OS's telling me its not a software error. I have dropped the phone a few times but the screen is not broken, maybe i need to replace a part? any help is very appreciated.

Maybe your digitizer is broken because of the phone drops & that's why it freaks out?

Maybe your digitizer is broken because of the phone drops & that's why it freaks out?

ok, is the digitizer the screen on the phone, or the thing in front of the screen that allows you to input touch in to it? 

ok, is the digitizer the screen on the phone, or the thing in front of the screen that allows you to input touch in to it?

It's the panel that registers your finger touch

It's the panel that registers your finger touch

ah ok, thanks. It looks like £15 to get a new one. I'll have to take it in some where, i tried to fix my old ipod touch a while ago and i never got it back together. 

ah ok, thanks. It looks like £15 to get a new one. I'll have to take it in some where, i tried to fix my old ipod touch a while ago and i never got it back together.

No problem. Don't try fixing it yourself when you don't know what you're doing or you gonna break it even more [emoji4]

hmm maybe i should try this

Doubt you gonna find this option nor that it would help... Seems more like a damaged digitizer to me