Windows 8 Registry Issue

I recently did an upgrade to Windows 8 on my desktop and have been getting some odd errors seemingly related to the Windows Registry.

Issues I have encountered:

-When trying to download Dropbox, it errors out of the installation saying there is a registry problem and to change my password and try again. If I do, the same error occurs.

-Google Drive will have a login error any time I restart my computer, the only way to login is to disconnect my account and then resync it.

-Chrome will never remain connected with my Google account. It will logout everytime I close the program

-Office 365 and Skydrive refuse my login outright but does not provide an error message.

The list goes on and on.  I tried to repair the registry using software but that didn't work.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I know a fresh install will work but I really don't want to.  Would a refresh work?  Please let me know. Thanks!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

A refresh might actually work. But according to MS, you might need the recovery discs if you have any. If you don't, you might be out of luck.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

A refresh might actually work. But according to MS, you might need the recovery discs if you have any. If you don't, you might be out of luck.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

when I did the upgrade from 7 to 8 I took the .iso file and burned it onto a disk.  Would I be able to use that as my recovery disc?

when I did the upgrade from 7 to 8 I took the .iso file and burned it onto a disk.  Would I be able to use that as my recovery disc?

Yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

argh you a pirate? xD

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

argh you a pirate? xD

Haha nope, got the student pricing for windows 8 pro and downloaded it from Microsoft online because apparently they still consider me a student.  Annoying not having the physical discs though.