HDMI Splitters?

Mattch23
Go to solution Solved by The Cool n00B,

That's pretty much what I'd need yup :D (Why the hell didn't my search return this D:) Although the reviews are putting me right off, especially the video ;3;

Edit: If anyone's still confused because I'm terrible at explaining things, check the OP for a really bad paint image that might help

On second thought, don't buy it. The video is probably why most of them are powered.

Just realized that, after waking up a  bit more, I went about this entirely the wrong way. I should just split the outputs after they go through the switch to make it 10 times easier, updated the original post with the new "Plan"

If you only need one, just get a powered splitter if you can

First of all, apologies if I'm in the wrong sub-forum but I assumed it would be kinda, was a toss up between consoles and peripherals but I guess this is more of a peripheral thing, right?

I'm looking to setup my room in a way that I can use both my consoles on either my monitor screen / TV without having to re-wire everything all the time.  The way I thought of doing it would be something along the lines of this:

Xbox -> HDMI Splitter (1in 2out) -> HDMI Switch 1 -> Monitor

-> HDMI Switch 2 -> TV

PS4 -> HDMI Splitter (1in 2 out) -> HDMI Switch 1 -> Monitor

-> HDMI Switch 2 -> TV

Revised:

Xbox -> HDMI Switch -> Splitter -> 1 -> Monitor

-> 2 -> TV

PS4 -> HDMI Switch -> Splitter -> 1 -> Monitor

-> 2 -> TV

Something like this (Bad paint skills, maybe this helps?)

edddf9b9e5.png

The theory being that, the output is split from the console into 2, 1 of which goes into a Switch for the monitor, the other goes into a Switch to the TV, the switches allowing me to choose which input to use.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any "dumb" HDMI splitters (where you don't have to choose anything, it just splits the signal and doesn't require a power adapter), only mis-named switches (On amazon, looking at other places at the moment)

Now I'm either overthinking the heck out of this and theres a much much simpler way of doing it or dumb splitters don't exist or I'm stupid (Probably the latter).

Any help would be great :)

Edit: Added link to the HDMI Switches I'd probably use.

Edit2: Now I've woken up more I've realized that I went about this all wrong, I should just split the output from the switch to make it all easier. (Updated Post)

i use a hdmi spliter for my pc and ps4 to use on the same tv so i can swtich with a button

i use a hdmi spliter for my pc and ps4 to use on the same tv so i can swtich with a button

That would be a HDMI Switch if you can choose what input to use with a button right?

Basically what I'd do but I need to split the output before it reaches the 2 switches.

I can find a couple of splitters that require power adapters and Its looking more like they need it to help boost the signal properly, was hoping to avoid more adapters as I'm limited for socket space as it is although they're more expensive than I thought (£20 for a splitter what?)

I did find one that was USB powered so I may end up getting that as USB ports aren't an issue at all (Yay for USB Hubs)

(Potential Splitter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Amplifier-Switch-1-Switcher-Support/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445945926&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+splitter+1+input+2+output ?)

Anyone else got any ideas?

That would be a HDMI Switch if you can choose what input to use with a button right?

Basically what I'd do but I need to split the output before it reaches the 2 switches.

just look up HDMI pigtail. Most of them have 3 inputs, but when you hit the button to cycle through it'll skip the one you don't have plugged in. I speak from experience.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proxima-Direct%C2%AE-Switcher-Switch-Pigtail/dp/B005C1ZW3C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1445945991&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+pigtail

EDIT: misread the op, just get two splitters. I tried looking for a 2x4 on amazon but they're not a thing

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

just look up HDMI pigtail. Most of them have 3 inputs, but when you hit the button to cycle through it'll skip the one you don't have plugged in. I speak from experience.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proxima-Direct%C2%AE-Switcher-Switch-Pigtail/dp/B005C1ZW3C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1445945991&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+pigtail

The problem is I'd still need to split the output from the consoles into 2 

The problem is I'd still need to split the output from the consoles into 2 

This is bulky and will have to plug into the consoles, but http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Data-xFFFD-DESCRIPTION-CAREFULLY/dp/B001NXQRYG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1445946303&sr=8-13&keywords=hdmi+splitter

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

That's pretty much what I'd need yup :D (Why the hell didn't my search return this D:) Although the reviews are putting me right off, especially the video ;3;

Edit: If anyone's still confused because I'm terrible at explaining things, check the OP for a really bad paint image that might help

Just realized that, after waking up a  bit more, I went about this entirely the wrong way. I should just split the outputs after they go through the switch to make it 10 times easier, updated the original post with the new "Plan"

On second thought, don't buy it. The video is probably why most of them are powered.

I think that's probably the way to go.   I guess this thread serves a lesson in why you don't plan anything when your half asleep aha!

I still resent paying upwards of £10 for a splitter but ah well, I guess I'll have to suck it up :P