dual nmve drives in raid 0 questions

ok... ive been asking msi about this S*** for about a month no and cant get a freaking answer over their tech support line cause most of them i can hardly understand and therefore cant understand what im asking.... so hopefully someone can help me here

on the new msi xpower titanium (all silver color, awesomness) there are 2(two) m.2 which they say are pci 3.0 (x4 assuming)

THE QUESTIONS:

1:cause they are pci based m.2 slots is raid 0 supported in bios?

2:will running dual pci based m.2 ssds in raid 0 hinder the ability to run sli do to maximum amount of lanes

3 (option 2b): on a board like the xpower titanium, would running sli AND 2-950 pros using asus hyper m.2 x4 mini adapter be possible? i would be using the 6700k

OR OR OR would it just be better to run x99 5820k and do the sli and the dual nvme drives in raid 0 on the asus m.2x4 mini adapters?

if i need to clarify anything please ask

(yea im aware the running 2-950 pros in raid 0 is basicly pointless speed, its just what i want)

the M.2 drives run from the DMI 3.0 interface, not PCIe 3.0

1. yes, because of the z170 chipset, the RAID0 (bootable) option is available for M.2 RAID0, but for win8.X/10, not win7 support.
  2. no, the M.2 is supported through the chipset, not the CPU. the SLI will run x8/x8.
  3. no, as the CPU directing x16 slots, the SLI will be x8/x8 , leaving no extra x16(x4) slot for usage.
  4. it would be possible for the x99 to (dynamic/software OS/non-bootable) RAID0 the NVMe drives in adapters. as to SLI with array, the lanes are there (x8x8x4x4), but could be bottlenecking and priority issues as graphics in full load and loading maps from the RAID0 could conflict.

1. yes, because of the z170 chipset, the RAID0 (bootable) option is available for M.2 RAID0, but for win8.X/10, not win7 support.
  2. no, the M.2 is supported through the chipset, not the CPU. the SLI will run x8/x8.
  3. no, as the CPU directing x16 slots, the SLI will be x8/x8 , leaving no extra x16(x4) slot for usage.
  4. it would be possible for the x99 to (dynamic/software OS/non-bootable) RAID0 the NVMe drives in adapters. as to SLI with array, the lanes are there (x8x8x4x4), but could be bottlenecking and priority issues as graphics in full load and loading maps from the RAID0 could conflict.

i would want the raid 0 with the dual 950s to be the bootable drive, the only drives in the pc. 2x500gb is plenty space for me

z170 is your only choice for the moment for bootable RAID0 on the M.2 and SLI.

good cause that is what i want. and having both m.2 pci slots on the MB, saves space alot

one thing to make sure of, especially in a RAIDX condition, these drives will get

very hot, so cooling is the utmost importance to allowing them to survive.

might consider a clone drive for a backup. when using 2x M.2, some of the SATA

ports will be non-functional, consult the owners manual for descriptions.

one thing to make sure of, especially in a RAIDX condition, these drives will get

very hot, so cooling is the utmost importance to allowing them to survive.

might consider a clone drive for a backup. when using 2x M.2, some of the SATA

ports will be non-functional, consult the owners manual for descriptions.

i will probably get some rasberry-pi heat sinks for them. this is basicly the full build im planning to do but i might switch out the 980ti's for referance designs so i can watercool the whole pc. looking to drop the ball around new years. ill be running triple 4k displays which i already have. https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

x99?

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

i will probably get some rasberry-pi heat sinks for them. this is basicly the full build im planning to do but i might switch out the 980ti's for referance designs so i can watercool the whole pc. looking to drop the ball around new years. ill be running triple 4k displays which i already have. https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Link doesn't work.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

not at this time for bootable RAID0

Well Hell.   I actually had planned to do that on my X99 Deluxe.   :(

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.