Catalyst Control Center will not install

skyler_mertz

Hello,

I recently tried to crossfire two r9 280x's in my system and figured i would update my drivers. Heres where the problems start.

Catalyst 15.7.1 will not install past the Microsoft visual c++ 2012 redistributable stage. Gives me installation error message continues to install Raptr

I followed troubleshooting steps on guru3d, Microsoft support, and AMD support to use DDU to wipe all video drivers from the computer and clean install.

Same issues. However, now i cannot install any windows updates even with windows installer settings turned on. 

So now im stuck with two 280x's in my PC that might as well be paperweights. 

I need some kind of help at least getting some kind of drivers installed so i can use them. 

Before you ask, I ran everything as admin. I ran DDU in safe mode. I created a new admin account and ran all as admin again. 

I believe the problem lies in the Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable installer. However all searches give me download links for windows 8.1 and lower. Went to Programs and Features and enabled everything I could as well. 

Thanks.

I build PCs as a hobby. 

Try take one out, install drivers, then put it back in.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -