Windows installer broken

Deagon
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

And no i'm not putting linux on it. 

:(

But maybe this will help

My brother got a a super stupid virus on his computer, I can't do anything with it. What I need to know is where can I find a LEGAL windows 7 ISO for free, or for super cheap, i have the key (i think) and i'm not really looking to pay a bunch to fix this dinky little laptop. 

If someone knows of some other way to fix the installer so i can get a virus program to clean it that'd be great, but everything I've tried has yielded no results. And no i'm not putting linux on it. 

and remember the installer is broken so i can't install or uninstall jack shit. 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

You can get ISO's for free, you just pay for that key.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

And no i'm not putting linux on it. 

:(

But maybe this will help

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

reading through it gave me the perfect idea, windows 10 is free atm, i found the key for 7, i can just put 10 on it, better than what its doing now for sure.

if you have the key then try this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download

download iso and boot with a flash drive

Perfect thank you!

I'm not sure which solution i'll go for but these are both perfect solutions for this god awful problem. 

--Thread killer--

reading through it gave me the perfect idea, windows 10 is free atm, i found the key for 7, i can just put 10 on it, better than what its doing now for sure.

Perfect thank you!

I'm not sure which solution i'll go for but these are both perfect solutions for this god awful problem. 

If you have a 7 key, you can't just install 10.  You will ahve to install 7 and then upgrade.  Then you can reinstall 10 all you want, but that is the procedure Microsoft requires

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If you have a 7 key, you can't just install 10.  You will ahve to install 7 and then upgrade.  Then you can reinstall 10 all you want, but that is the procedure Microsoft requires

:P i know that i already have 7 installed, but It's wrecked, it still runs, i can use the internet, programs that are installed, i just can't install anything, pretty sure most of the virus is gone, but yeah i'm going to have to upgrade and then reinstall 10 fresh, cause I have an OEM key which means i can't download a regular windows 7 ISO. Oh well I don't much care about the thing, if i have to i'll just wipe the drive and make him buy a 7 key

--Thread killer--

:P i know that i already have 7 installed, but It's wrecked, it still runs, i can use the internet, programs that are installed, i just can't install anything, pretty sure most of the virus is gone, but yeah i'm going to have to upgrade and then reinstall 10 fresh, cause I have an OEM key which means i can't download a regular windows 7 ISO. Oh well I don't much care about the thing, if i have to i'll just wipe the drive and make him buy a 7 key

My concern is the virus may have messed it up too much to be able to upgrade, so you may have to reinstall 7 clean, then upgrade (and then optionally reinstall 10 clean if you want)

My concern is the virus may have messed it up too much to be able to upgrade, so you may have to reinstall 7 clean, then upgrade (and then optionally reinstall 10 clean if you want)

yeah i was kinda thinking about that too, but eh either way, its not mine lol If i can't fix it, i'll just wipe it clean and make him pay for it lol

--Thread killer--