Weird System Boot problem

For some reason my girlfriend's computer that I built her has a weird boot up issue. I will turn it on and it will try to boot but fail and restart itself over and over again. If I press the restart button while it's doing this sometimes it will catch itself and actually boot up all the way. I'm trying to provide a video to detail it to you guys.

Have you tried resetting the bios? Can you get to the bios before the looping issue?

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

If you can't get to the bios, just pull out the CMOS battery for a bit, and then replace it.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

I took the battery out and then back un but nothing changed

I took the battery out and then back un but nothing changed

Did you unplug the system when you removed it? It might be beneficial to unplug the PC, press the power button for about 10 seconds, remove the battery for 30 seconds and then replace the battery and power and turn on. 

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Just tried that. The odd thing is that the hard drive activity light doesn't turn on when the power is on either. Didn't work. Still rebooting over and over again. The hard drive works fine though as the computer runs find most of the time. It's only on a cold start up that this happens.

Maybe its the SATA Cable? The fact that it works fine when "warmed up" is very interesting. Maybe try to reseat the cables or even replace it.

I'll try and find a different SATA cable but reseating them didn't work

I tried unplugging the hard drive from the motherboard to see if I can at least get bios but no it keeps rebooting even if there isn't any drive plugged in. I'm starting to think it's a problem with the motherboard.... :/

I tried unplugging the hard drive from the motherboard to see if I can at least get bios but no it keeps rebooting even if there isn't any drive plugged in. I'm starting to think it's a problem with the motherboard.... :/

Oh yeah that doesnt sound good. Do you have another motherboard you could test with the system?

Could well be a PSU issue, I've never had the exact problem you're having, but things similar.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

Would a power supply really cause an infinite boot like this? Like in a feedback kinda way?

Would a power supply really cause an infinite boot like this? Like in a feedback kinda way?

Test the hardware outside the case, if it works correctly when it's outside, then something in your case could be shorting out the motherboard.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I tested outside the case and started from bare bones. No graphics card made it not reboot over and over but no bios. Found that odd so I put my 970 instead of her old hand me down R9 270x and like magic it worked. It was the graphics card the whole time! That's so weird anyone have any explanation?