AKG 545 / 550

Speakerator

Hey,

I am fancying a new pair of headphones and since some of you are quite the collectors (looking at YOU, guy with that desk / lamp / hanger full of cans from the Show-off-your-latest-purchase thread!  :D  ) - I thought some of you may have some Input on the ones mentioned at the top. I am looking for (semi-) closed headphones, maybe even something for on the go sometimes. I already own a pair of foam-modded HD558 which are superb. I got them since I wanted something open, not that bass heavy. For my second pair, I'd like them to have a bit more punch, hence closed design. Don't get me wrong, not Beats by Dre Punchy, but the Sennheiser do have a deep and present bass, but it's more in the background. So I thought I might try something different.

I tried the AKG 550 a while ago and really liked it. Correct me if I am mistaken, but the 545 `seems to be something like the mobile version of the 550 with a detachable and shorter cable? They are both on sale right now for ~ 140€ or less which I guess ain't bad. Thoug I've heard there is a 552 Pro or something like that coming around?

I also found the Beyerdynamics Custom One & DT 880 but couldn't find them anywhere to listen to. Anybody has experience with them? (And: how is Amazons return policy and acceptance rate on headphones?  thought about ordering a bunch of candidates multiple times, and keep the one that sounded best to me within 14 days^^ 

Addition: listened to the urbanites and Momentum Over ear and did not really like them.

And no, I am not restricted to german manufacturers  :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302