Please help..?

bryan19j

Hello, my recently built computer (about 3 months or so ago) has only had issues usually concerning my OS.

The first problem was with my computer not booting into Win 10 64 Bit (not sure which build) and it blue screened and wouldn't repair or reset as it said every time I tried to reset that it was unable to. So I reinstalled windows 8.1 64Bit and formatted it (not too sure if this was the best idea but it worked and solved it).

Other small things are that the pc boots and there might not be monitor signal 1/10 boots, when turning off the monitors lose signal but the system is still electronically running. These I'm pretty sure are problems with the PSU but I'm not sure why the OS was being ruined or whether the PSU was affecting that. My specs below can show you there's a slight skimping out on the power supply.

The recent issue has come to my attention and been a concern. Booting on, it did the monitor signal problem, and I turned it off and back on. Then the black screen said "No operating system installed, please check HDDs and stuff etc." then I pressed any key to restart as it instructed me to, and it booted to the windows logo. This was the first strange issue. While in windows, I saw that any program associated with Java - including java configuration was crashing on open. Then I opened the windows diagnostic to check and confirm my 64 Bit java was in similarity to the 64 bit windows. this I did through dxdiag, but then after using dxdiag it also said that it crashed too and it had to close. So interesting...

Then I rebooted and gave me the "No OS installed" and got to the same step, but when logging into my account, I entered my PIN and it just loaded to a black screen and a movable cursor.

So now I decided to turn of the PC and switch PSU to off.

Please help with this as I haven't been able to see anyone with an issue where pressing another key when at the OS not found screen would actually continue to boot to windows.

Specs:

i5-4590

MSI R7-370 4GB OC Edition

16GB 1866mHz HyperX Fury DDR3

AsRock B85 Anniversary

EVGA 80+ Cert. 430w PSU

^i think this is a little short so please clarify if this is potentially my problem

I think it's causing my monitor issues though.

Antec One Case

Few fans and whatever extra.

So please help with these as mentioned above concerns:

-Monitor signal occasionally cutting out

-OS issues.

-Is my PSU the problem for this?

Please help ASAP.

Your PSU is abysmal quality - it might be an issue.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I would see if you can get your hands on another psu and see if the issue resolves. could be that the AMD card is not getting enough power maybe? Not too sure, so see if you could just borrow one from someone. also check some pc wattage calculators online and see what wattage they recommend for a power supply.

I would see if you can get your hands on another psu and see if the issue resolves. could be that the AMD card is not getting enough power maybe? Not too sure, so see if you could just borrow one from someone. also check some pc wattage calculators online and see what wattage they recommend for a power supply.

The EVGA W1 are crap - not the AMD card - this ain't about wattage :/

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The EVGA W1 are crap - not the AMD card - this ain't about wattage :/

I'm sure you're right, but I have no experience with them so I just went with what I could figure from his specs listed :P

Update:

So as i was saying, after it boots into windows, it gave me the black screen and the cursor worked, then my desktop slowly started to fill in, taskbar and wallpapers starting first. I'm currently on the pc and it seems to be working but i checked my settings for updates, and the entire PC Settings function isn't working, as every time i click it it just won't open.

As for above^, would getting a new PSU solve these issues or just recommended because i have a not so great quality one.

Update:

So as i was saying, after it boots into windows, it gave me the black screen and the cursor worked, then my desktop slowly started to fill in, taskbar and wallpapers starting first. I'm currently on the pc and it seems to be working but i checked my settings for updates, and the entire PC Settings function isn't working, as every time i click it it just won't open.

As for above^, would getting a new PSU solve these issues or just recommended because i have a not so great quality one.

It's a general recomendation - it might solve them or it might not - the W1 are very low qualiy PSUs - they are in the same league as cheap chinese units and no-name brands like Diablotek