Looking for a Laptop 800-1000$ CAD

cooperb21

Asus- More Ram and More space on the SSD

Dell- Alot better battery gets over 10 hours close to 12-15 on a charge vs 8 hours on the asus. Build quality and speaks seem to be better on the Dell. 

ASUS Zenbook UX305 900$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/ASUS-Zenbook-UX305FA-USM1-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.322694700

Dell xps 13 1000$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Dell-XPS-13-9343-2727SLV-Core-i5-128GB-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.312527400

I was also considering getting a surface or Surface pro but they seem pretty expensive plus you have to pay extra for a keyboard and pen if you want one. 

Asus- More Ram and More space on the SSD

Dell- Alot better battery gets over 10 hours close to 12-15 on a charge vs 8 hours on the asus. Build quality and speaks seem to be better on the Dell. 

ASUS Zenbook UX305 900$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/ASUS-Zenbook-UX305FA-USM1-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.322694700

Dell xps 13 1000$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Dell-XPS-13-9343-2727SLV-Core-i5-128GB-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.312527400

I was also considering getting a surface or Surface pro but they seem pretty expensive plus you have to pay extra for a keyboard and pen if you want one. 

The Surface pro is a great option for working; however, since you can't buy it, go with the Dell xps 13; it's a great laptop. The Intel Core i5-5200U on the Dell is better than the Intel Core M-5Y10 on the Asus. 4 gigs of ram is enough if you are not gaming. 15 hours of battery life is very important if you spend most of your time outside. I'd say, go with the dell xps 13 and grab yourself a 500gb or 1tb external hard drive to save your files.

The Surface pro is a great option for working; however, since you can't buy it, go with the Dell xps 13; it's a great laptop. The Intel Core i5-5200U on the Dell is better than the Intel Core M-5Y10 on the Asus. 4 gigs of ram is enough if you are not gaming. 15 hours of battery life is very important if you spend most of your time outside. I'd say, go with the dell xps 13 and grab yourself a 500gb or 1tb external hard drive to save your files.

Is 4G of ram good enough to use chrome with?

Is 4G of ram good enough to use chrome with?

It should be enough. Though I don't use chrome, so you could wait for someone who uses chrome on  a laptop if you want to be sure.

It should be enough. Though I don't use chrome, so you could wait for someone who uses chrome on  a laptop if you want to be sure.

Ummm im not sure if i should get a laptop or not then. I mostly want to use the device to browse the web, check email, download torrents, watch movies, tv shows. I wont be using it for heavy gaming or any actual work or word processing. 

Maybe i should get an android tablet? Problem is right now i have an apple phone and old ipad so im rather limited would an android tablet now be very close to what a pc can do in terms of just consuming media i wont really be creating anything. 

Ummm im not sure if i should get a laptop or not then. I mostly want to use the device to browse the web, check email, download torrents, watch movies, tv shows. I wont be using it for heavy gaming or any actual work or word processing. 

Maybe i should get an android tablet? Problem is right now i have an apple phone and old ipad so im rather limited would an android tablet now be very close to what a pc can do in terms of just consuming media i wont really be creating anything. 

An android tablet is great for what you will use it for. The galaxy tab S would make for a good media player.