Airflow help needed

ArneD
Go to solution Solved by zzenigmaxzz,

So I don't need to buy more fans?

nope, youll be fine with the 3

So this is my 3rd post (I guess) about my pc I'm building - specs below - and my components are on their way and I've been preparing since it's my first build but I'm kinda stuck on what to do with the airflow..

I ordered the Antec GX500 case (without the window or fancy led lights) which comes with 3 preinstalled fans (1 in the back and two on top) but they all work as exhaust fans.

Do I need to get more fans? Can I do something else that would help with the airflow?

Pre_installed.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 - Boxed
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 - Nitro - 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Asrock H97M Anniversary
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport - DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kit - 8GB
SDD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 - 128GB
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 - 1TB
PSU: Antec HCG-520M

Case: Antec GX500 

Options:

1. Switching the two top fans and mounting them at the front panel as intakes

DSCF0359.jpg

2. Getting 2 additional fans, I was thinking 2x AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition as intakes at the front panel but any suggestions are welcome but I already went over my budget on this build so yeah..

Aero_Cool_Shark_14cm_4_.png

Get 2 front panel intake fans.

Thank me later

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I'd 100% go for the 2 front fans as intakes and I think that'd be pretty golden for you

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I would personally add at least one front fan to get some intake, and if you can get two in the front, I would. 

I would also leave the side panel without a fan, but that's just my opinion :P

Good luck with your first build!

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 560  Memory: 8GB DDR3 1866mhz  Storage: 1TB Seagate 7200rpm Internal, 2TB RAID 10 External  MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V

CPU: Intel Core i5 4550 GPU:  MSI Gefroce GTX 760  Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600mhz Storage: 1TB Westen Digital 7200rpm, 128GB SSD  MOBO: Gigabyte Model

Refurbished (by me :D) Alienware m17xr3 with CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k GPU: AMD Radeon 6870m   Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600mhz  Storage: 1TB  Western Digital 7200rpm

I'd filter those front fans as well, if the case doesn't already filter that intake. And I'd lower the RPM of the exhaust fans so that the case sees "positive pressure" to avoid sucking in dust through all the little gaps and holes in the case.

Go with the first setup :)

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Okay everyone is telling me to get front intake fans, and thank you for your response but I'm asking if I need additional fans or if it would be enough to just move the top fans to the front?

go with option 1, it will give you cool air coming in and some exhaust and will give you positive pressure to help with dust build up 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

go with option 1, it will give you cool air coming in and some exhaust and will give you positive pressure to help with dust build up 

nope, youll be fine with the 3

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives