Dropbox Security Compromised

lutzee

So an Software Security researcher has released details on how the dropbox client is liable to code injection that can lead to bypassing SSL encryption on the client and being able to hijack accounts.

The Dropbox client is programmed in python and then obfuscated and compiled into python byte-code. And like every other compiled byte-code programming languages, with the right tools can be de-compiled and de-obfuscated to gain access to the code.

With this coming to light, what are peoples opinions on closed source programs that you use that have accounts associated with them, and do you feel confident that they are secure to the highest of standards, or would you actively look for an opensource alternative?

Source of the dropbox stuff: https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/woot13/woot13-kholia.pdf

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Oh god, now someone can see my history assessment from 5 months back and 2 fallout screenshots :'(

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Oh god, now someone can see my history assessment from 5 months back and 2 fallout screenshots :'(

Some people actually use these systems for convenience too. I was using it for a quick nasty source management between PCs before I submitted to my remote git. I'll be writing my own private system unless dropbox fixes things..

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?