Medium Sized room 2.1 setup

steffen_anywhere

Hi,

I'm thinking about putting together a small 2.1 system from the following:

- Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers - Yamaha YST SW 012 Advanced YST II - SMSL SMSL SA-60

- some mixer for more inputs (optional)

It will be used for music most of the time, but movies occasionally. It will be used in the living room, but the room is relatively small. Do you think it will be worth the 300ish €?

Feel free to recommend different components too.

Thanks

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

It might be better to get powered studio monitors and a subwoofer in this budget.

Possibly even forgoing the sub with this budget.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

In this price range, I believe the Dayton Sub1000 is the go-to recommendation. If by small room you mean under 1500 ft^3, you're probably fine with this setup.

In this price range, I believe the Dayton Sub1000 is the go-to recommendation. If by small room you mean under 1500 ft^3, you're probably fine with this setup.

Thought you usualy didnt recomend cheap subs

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."