How best to use a 500GB ssd?

yoshiii

Hello,

I asked before if re installing Windows on a big ssd when adding to the one I have now, 250GB is good to do and some people said yes because the speed will be faster, some said no.

I have the 500GB ssd now, should I add it to the other ssd or re install Windows 10 onto the new ssd?

No. Keep your OS on the 250gb SSD and utilize your new 500gb SSD on most programs you use esp if you have games.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Hammer.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

keep your os on your 250gb ssd, put your programs on the 500gb. Then that way its easier to manage all of your programs and everything.

Hello,

I asked before if re installing Windows on a big ssd when adding to the one I have now, 250GB is good to do and some people said yes because the speed will be faster, some said no.

I have the 500GB ssd now, should I add it to the other ssd or re install Windows 10 onto the new ssd?

Hey there yoshiii,

Generally, larger SSDs do have better performance, but not better enough for a really noticeable difference. I would also suggest leaving the OS on your current SSD and using the new one for programs, games and other files taht you might be working with as well as for anything that can benefit from fast access times and high transfer speeds. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/