UPS For A 43" Smart TV

YippiKiYay

Hey guys, I just bought the LG 43LF6300 Smart TV. ( http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43LF6300 ). I live in a country where power fluctuations may occasionally occur, and people use voltage stabilizers a lot. Could anyone tell me roughly how much power the TV would consume at max (watts)? Also, is a 600VA (~320-350W)  UPS a substitute for a voltage stabilizer? cuz i have an unused one at home and wanted to know if i could compromise on the stabilizer by using the UPS . Thanks :)

A ups would let you replace the stabilizer but I would stabilize the power going into the ups...

We use stabilizers in Egypt :) as well

One PSU explosion is a good lesson...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The 600VA is plenty. More than enough. And an UPS does great as a voltage stabilizer. It's just that the safe shutdown won't work with a TV. Probably a non-issue but I'd imagine a corrupted OS in a smart TV would be a huge annoyance to say the least.

Hey guys, I just bought the LG 43LF6300 Smart TV. ( http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43LF6300 ). I live in a country where power fluctuations may occasionally occur, and people use voltage stabilizers a lot. Could anyone tell me roughly how much power the TV would consume at max (watts)? Also, is a 600VA (~320-350W)  UPS a substitute for a voltage stabilizer? cuz i have an unused one at home and wanted to know if i could compromise on the stabilizer by using the UPS . Thanks :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apc-back-ups-1080va-ups-black/8074044.p?id=1218863885653&skuId=8074044&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8074044&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!129148398079!g!!73190425879&kpid=8074044&k_clickid=acef72b1-f988-4f9d-a890-a365062ded8d&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=acef72b1-f988-4f9d-a890-a365062ded8d&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg14422&ksdevice=c&kpid=8074044

We have 2 of these on the server in my office, with 2 other back ups and then one for each computer in the office.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

The 600VA is plenty. More than enough. And an UPS does great as a voltage stabilizer. It's just that the safe shutdown won't work with a TV. Probably a non-issue but I'd imagine a corrupted OS in a smart TV would be a huge annoyance to say the least.

My UPS doesnt have any of those force shutdown features... Just supplies power to the device for a while after a power cut.. So it shouldnt matter right?

A ups would let you replace the stabilizer but I would stabilize the power going into the ups...

We use stabilizers in Egypt :) as well

One PSU explosion is a good lesson...

So a UPS on its own isnt good enough?

So a UPS on its own isnt good enough?

No it is. I was just saying you should stabilize the UPS to prevent the UPS from damage.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No it is. I was just saying you should stabilize the UPS to prevent the UPS from damage.

Ive been using this UPS for a while, and like all other APC UPSs, this one handles the power here like a champ. So i dont think it would cause any issues.

Another doubt, my UPS can only handle around 320 - 360w. Is that enough for the TV? thanks :)