Is GRID 2 worth it?

I thought it was kinda boring to be honest. They don't give you enough freedom to just race, everything is locked unless you buy it with in game cash which is what killed it for me.

Just get another racing sim

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I thought it was kinda boring to be honest. They don't give you enough freedom to just race, everything is locked unless you buy it with in game cash which is what killed it for me.

I don't really like simulators, I prefer games where you can drift in the corners :D

I didn't really liked 2nd one. In my book it's not worth it.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I don't really like simulators, I prefer games where you can drift in the corners :D

It is not a simulator at all, GRID 2 is from it more of an arcade game. Also because I own the game I can tell you it basically relies on drifting most of the time.

It's an arcade racing game not a simulator.

I liked it. but since I don'T have a normal wheel (mine dates from befor nascar 2003) it was impossible to win a race. I had to be perfect.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I wasn't interested in it based on the game play I saw. It seemed way too arcadey compared to the first GRID. The first one hit that very nice not a sim but close point that I enjoy playing casually.

But as you've already played it you are a lot better at answering your question.

Sims have the issue of not feeling the rush of driving fast and arcade racers usually fix that issue.  Otherwise sims would be alright.  But yea Grid isn't a sim.

you like drifting? try trackmania canyon. I believe there is a free demo

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window