980 Ti Overclock Help

paps511

Hey Guys,

I have a 980 Ti G1 by Gigabyte and I am trying to overclock it. I am using a video Jayztwocents posted a few days ago as a guide and I'm using Benchmark Valley and MSI Afterburner. My GPU is giving some funny readings though...

Stock, my boost clock is 1342 mhz and memory is 3506 mhz according to MSI Afterburner.

Without adding voltage I can get a stable 1462 mhz clock speed. (+120 mhz)

I bumped it up to +150 and added +75mV and ran the bench mark. No crashes, but when I look at the log in MSI, it says the clock speed was only 595 mhz

Thoughts on this? I have not yet dived into overclocking, but I'd like to try it in the near future. I have a K processor which will be next to get the boost.

Edit: I just re-ran the benchmark with +120 mhz and no voltage, and MSI says it is running at 595 mhz. Temp was hovering around 70-71* but the fans were only spinning at 57%

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Hey Guys,

I have a 980 Ti G1 by Gigabyte and I am trying to overclock it. I am using a video Jayztwocents posted a few days ago as a guide and I'm using Benchmark Valley and MSI Afterburner. My GPU is giving some funny readings though...

Stock, my boost clock is 1342 mhz and memory is 3506 mhz according to MSI Afterburner.

Without adding voltage I can get a stable 1462 mhz clock speed. (+120 mhz)

I bumped it up to +150 and added +75mV and ran the bench mark. No crashes, but when I look at the log in MSI, it says the clock speed was only 595 mhz

Thoughts on this? I have not yet dived into overclocking, but I'd like to try it in the near future. I have a K processor which will be next to get the boost.

Probably couldn't run it well with voltage. Some Maxwell cards hate voltage. I know mine does a lot. 

If I add the slightest voltage is crashes.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Have you checked the speeds in OC Guru II or HWMonitor, just incase Afterburner was having some kind of issue reading your card data?

Also what driver revision are you using?

Probably couldn't run it well with voltage. Some Maxwell cards hate voltage. I know mine does a lot. 

If I add the slightest voltage is crashes.

It doesn't crash, it stumbles, then goes right back to normal but MSI says very low clock speed. (595mhz) I Tested with +50mV and +150mhz and it went up to 1612 then dropped to 595.

Have you checked the speeds in OC Guru II or HWMonitor, just incase Afterburner was having some kind of issue reading your card data?

Driver 353.62 MSI 4.1.1

I will check OC Guru next.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

I can't install OC Guru. It always has a fatal error when trying to install and tells me I do not have sufficient privileges to install it. Even though I am the only user on this computer....

Right click and select run as administrator not work?

Nope. Still says I need to log on as an admin to run, then it gives me a fatal error