Trouble with intel 750 series PCIe SSD

Hey everyone, 

I am hoping someone will be able to help! 

I Just purchased a 750 series PCEi ssd and I am trying to fresh install windows on it.  

However, when I select the drive and click next to install I get this error message: 

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk.  This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk.  Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."  

I have an ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard, which is the same one that Linus has and he was able to run this SSD in his system; so I know that my mobo supports it.  

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  

Thank you very much!!

Make sure AHCI mode is enabled in the BIOS, make sure the card is firmly seated into the PCI-E slot.

what version of windows are you installing?

8/8.1/10 should not have issues

7 you'll have to use a driver to accept the drive for recognition.

You will probably need to use the included CD to install the Intel driver while in the windows installation menu.  Should work after that.  You might still get a weird alert but it will install anyway.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I am installing windows 8.1.  It seems that AHCI Mode is enabled.   I am still having trouble with this.  

I was able to use the drive as a normal hard drive on my computer, but then I removed my other ssds in order to install windows on this.  

Would having this formatted as a normal drive affect the windows install? 

I really appreciate all of your responses. 

Thanks!

I am installing windows 8.1.  It seems that AHCI Mode is enabled.   I am still having trouble with this.  

I was able to use the drive as a normal hard drive on my computer, but then I removed my other ssds in order to install windows on this.  

Would having this formatted as a normal drive affect the windows install? 

I really appreciate all of your responses. 

Thanks!

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version?