Is 60fps normal for maxed out skyrim?

KamilKrait15

recently played witcher 2 and skyrim maxed out 1080p but it seems as if they are capped at 60 fps. is it normal?

Do you have Vsync turned on for both games?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Do you have V-Sync enabled? With my 144Hz display, I push way more than 60FPS in Skyrim. What are your hardware specs?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Depends what build you have and whether you have V sync on

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Skyrim is capped on 60 without and with vsync but i dont know anything about witcher 2

Do you have Vsync turned on for both games?

Yes, skyrim capped at 60 is normal. I believe you can turn the cap off in the config ini.

Do you have V-Sync enabled? With my 144Hz display, I push way more than 60FPS in Skyrim. What are your hardware specs?

Depends what build you have and whether you have V sync on

Skyrim is capped on 60 without and with vsync but i dont know anything about witcher 2

vsync might be on.

i5 6600k

msi r9 390

vsync might be on.

i5 6600k

msi r9 390

Turn V-Sync off. You should get more than 60FPS, though the benefit is rendering more than 60FPS is questionable if your monitor is 60Hz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

for me there is no vsync option available

In what? The game? Drivers?

In what? The game? Drivers?

when i open skyrim and go on options there is no vsync option

when i open skyrim and go on options there is no vsync option

Check Catalyst Control Center for the option.

Check Catalyst Control Center for the option.

It says wait for vertical refresh (mine is off unless application specifies)

The Skyrim game engine is designed to run at an upper limit of 60fps. Above that, and it can get quite glitchy for some people in terms of the havoc (physics) engine and animations among other things.

Within the skyrim.ini you can set iPresentInterval = 1, and if you use an ENB you can set EnableVSync=true. Always use one or the other - the ENB version is generally preferable.

That said, either using a frame limiter setting or vsync option at the driver level is worth trying first.

It says wait for vertical refresh (mine is off unless application specifies)

Turn it off universally or create a specific profile for Skyrim if possible with V-Sync off.

Turn it off universally or create a specific profile for Skyrim if possible with V-Sync off.

im not to good with profile business

The Skyrim game engine is designed to run at an upper limit of 60fps. Above that, and it can get quite glitchy for some people in terms of the havoc (physics) engine and animations among other things.

Within the skyrim.ini you can set iPresentInterval = 1, and if you use an ENB you can set EnableVSync=true. Always use one or the other - the ENB version is generally preferable.

That said, either using a frame limiter setting or vsync option at the driver level is worth trying first.

Is there anything i can download?

Is there anything i can download?

I don't think so. Unfortunately, I have no experience with Catalyst Control Center so I can't help you set up a profile. However, you can try disabling V-Sync universally and seeing if your frame rate increases in Skyrim.

You shouldn't run Skyrim above 60 fps. The engine can't handle it and physics and water will completely break because of it.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Skyrim comes standard with Vsync and requires ini changes to remove it. BTW They did this for good reason, the engine goes retard when ran above it.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build