Games Randomly Thinking I am Pressing 'A'/left Key?

Bogstench

Hello, I've been having this weird issue the past few days where my applications, specifically games, register me pressing 'A' or the '←' key very randomly. Once it happens I either have to mash '←' and '→' to fix the issue or just close and re-open the game. And in some cases, re-opening the game doesn't even fix it.

Once it occurs, it will still persist even after unplugging my keyboard.

In fact, it will occur so randomly, I haven't found how to replicate it or anything.

I own a Corsair K70, and I have accidentally spilled a small amount of water into the opening under the space bar before, but this was nearly 7-8 months ago, and after a couple of days letting it dry, it worked completely fine again. Maybe this correlates to the issue I'm having now somehow?

So, how would I go about fixing this? Do I need a new keyboard or something? I don't have a spare to troubleshoot this with, is it worth just buying a cheap $10-$20 one to see if it'd work fine?

Thanks.

Hello, I've been having this weird issue the past few days where my applications, specifically games, register me pressing 'A' or the '←' key very randomly. Once it happens I either have to mash '←' and '→' to fix the issue or just close and re-open the game. And in some cases, re-opening the game doesn't even fix it.

Once it occurs, it will still persist even after unplugging my keyboard.

In fact, it will occur so randomly, I haven't found how to replicate it or anything.

I own a Corsair K70, and I have accidentally spilled a small amount of water into the opening under the space bar before, but this was nearly 7-8 months ago, and after a couple of days letting it try, it worked completely fine again. Maybe this correlates to the issue I'm having now somehow?

So, how would I go about fixing this? Do I need a new keyboard or something? I don't have a spare to troubleshoot this with, is it worth just buying a cheap $10-$20 one to see if it'd work fine?

Thanks.

sounds like a key is getting sticky, or it could have a small amount of liquid left randomly closing the circuit (like pressing a key does) and making a key press. If it were me personally i'd just open it and see if there is liquid left but I can't personally suggest you do anything that violates the warranty. 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

sounds like a key is getting sticky, or it could have a small amount of liquid left randomly closing the circuit (like pressing a key does) and making a key press. If it were me personally i'd just open it and see if there is liquid left but I can't personally suggest you do anything that violates the warranty. 

Possibly, no idea. I'll probably open it up if there's no solution someone else can provide me.

Might I add, it only happens in specific games. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is actually one of the games that it's happening all the time in...

Even other games that include movement, it won't do this, with the controls being 'A' as well.

may be a keylogger too, but i'm baffled as to why it happens in one game a lot and most everything else differently. 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--