Horizontal lines or flashes

Alim

I experience horizontal lines or flashes while games are running, especially recognizable in darker areas.

GPU is Palit GTX 960 SSJ.

• I've tried downclocking
  • checked all cables
  • switched ends of vga cable
  • reset monitor settings
  • reset driver settings

Also that doesn't happen when I connect PC to TV using HDMI

What should I try before giving up? I think this happends because of noisy PSU or cheapass ramdac

Using Tapatalk

Wait wait wait wait wait, vga? You wot mate?

what sort of lines were they? it might just be your cables, drivers or in the worst case your card.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Had had a similar thing when I used to use VGA to connect my laptop to the TV. I would use HDMI or Display Port mate. Screw VGA.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I experience horizontal lines or flashes while games are running, especially recognizable in darker areas.

GPU is Palit GTX 960 SSJ.

• I've tried downclocking
  • checked all cables
  • switched ends of vga cable
  • reset monitor settings
  • reset driver settings

Also that doesn't happen when I connect PC to TV using HDMI

What should I try before giving up? I think this happends because of noisy PSU or cheapass ramdac

if it works fine with hdmi the pc is fine.

in my opinion its the cable or the screen.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

It's extremely annoying and I want to avoid buying new monitor. Are all modern graphic cards have shitty ramdacs?

Using Tapatalk

Does driver have ramdac settings or something?

Using Tapatalk

Wait wait wait wait wait, vga? You wot mate?

what sort of lines were they? it might just be your cables, drivers or in the worst case your card.

It's like banding or scanlines. I'll make video today

Using Tapatalk

See here's the thing VGA is analog so one of the RGB channels can stop working ie one or more of the colours could be missing. The connection withing the cable might also be unreliable so it is connected most of the time but when you touch the cable one of the channels could disconnect. This can happen for a really short period of time causing bands to appear on the screen because the color data that was meant to be sent and filled in those pixels just never arrived due to a unreliable connection. But than again your gpu might just be failing or even the monitor itself, hopefully not though :P.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"