Windows 7 installation

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So currently I have a Windows 8.1 Machine and I would like to dual-boot it with y Windows 7 Ultimate. I have downloaded the .iso file from Microsoft's site and I will get the key today from g2a.

Anyways, Do I really have to burn the .iso file to a disc or mount it to a USB? Can't I just like install it? :D

If I have to burn it to a disc, is it just like a normal burn? Or do I have to do some other stuff?

I have the ISO to USB application, And I have a 16gig USB from Sandisk. So I think I can just use tht application and burnthe image to the usb. And when I boot, should I select the USB from boot menu or do I have to go into BIOS and do the changes?

Please help :)

TIA

-LG

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

There is a free program called rufus which will put the .iso onto a usb stick. When you boot look for boot options on the post page (usually F8 or F12 but it varies) Click the associated button and follow the prompts. You should be fine.

Hey Guys! So currently I have a Windows 8.1 Machine and I would like to dual-boot it with y Windows 7 Ultimate. I have downloaded the .iso file from Microsoft's site and I will get the key today from g2a.

Anyways, Do I really have to burn the .iso file to a disc or mount it to a USB? Can't I just like install it? :D

If I have to burn it to a disc, is it just like a normal burn? Or do I have to do some other stuff?

I have the ISO to USB application, And I have a 16gig USB from Sandisk. So I think I can just use tht application and burnthe image to the usb. And when I boot, should I select the USB from boot menu or do I have to go into BIOS and do the changes?

TIA

-LG

yes you do , and there a microsoft utility to burn windows iso files

heads up : i formattes your data although it uses only 4 gigs

There is a free program called rufus which will put the .iso onto a usb stick. When you boot look for boot options on the post page (usually F8 or F12 but it varies) Click the associated button and follow the prompts. You should be fine.

TIA

-LG

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool 

^

this one is offical

Why would you care about Ultimate? Yay 25 language packs...

You can start the installer if you mount the .iso, but I don't think this allows you to do a clean installation on a different partition, only upgrades...