Can Only Jumpstart PC

fieldsy
Go to solution Solved by Vivilacqua1,

probably mixed up your front Io pins. Easy fix :)

I just finished a custom loop in my white painted node 804. I jumpsarted itto leak test for 12 hours, no problem. I then got everything plugged in, flipped the switch, pressed the button, and nothinghappened. I rechecked all connectors, nothing was loose, so I jumpstarted it, and only heard the HDD power on.

I then unplugged everything except the pump and thefans, jumstarted it, and I could hear thepump going, but the fans did not move.

The only new parts of the build are the MSI Z97M-G43 Motherboard, the EK XRES 140 pump/res combo, the EK Vardar fans and the primochill blue tubing.

I'm suspecting dead motherboard, but I want to be sure before I remove it and send it back

-SNIP-

Sometimes this can happen but did you try unplugging and replugging all the power connectors on the motherboard, and checked to power switch is on the correct from I/O pins.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

check your cpu power connector also i have seen sometimes the motherboard needs all the screws screwed in and tight otherwise it wont post. front IO pins should be a problem since they will work either way. also check your power supply is working properly plug a few thing (fans, Hdd, case lighting etc) into the power supply and jump start it by unpluging your 24pin connector and shorting out the green and any black wire. (and keep the connected for the PSU to supply power)

Sometimes thiand checked to power switch is on the correct from I/O pins.

I could've sworn I'd already tried every direction, and following the manual, but after plugging everything back in, and triple checking they were the right way, It booted up. Thnks guys. Now to reinstall drivers...