Automatic Windows Sleep / Hibernate Not Working

Androidz

I recently saw the video regarding sleep/hibernation and thought, yeah I should do that. I leave my PC on 24/7/365 but I do leave it unattended often, so why not use sleep and save some power. Then I remember back to Windows 7 that auto sleep never worked for me, and here I am years later on 8.1 and I have the same exact issue.

Sleep or Hibernate simply will not work AUTOMATICALLY. It works FINE if I do it manually, however auto just never seems to work. System will go into and recover without issue from sleep.

I have tried adjusting various settings, checking bios, disable network power options, still the system will not sleep automatically. I really feel like this issue is related to some sort of bios power option, but I am not sure which. Not sure what else it could be.

Any help would be much appreciated. Below are my system specs.

PC Specs:

Mobo: Rampage V Extreme x99 
CPU: 5820K @ 4.5GHZ 
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4-3000 @ 3GHz 
GPU1: eVga GTX 980 SC @ 1600/7800
GPU2: eVga GTX 980 SC @ 1600/7800
HDD: Samsung 1TB SSD 
HDD: 4x4TB WD Black Enterprise on Adaptec 512MB RAID 10
PSU: Corsair HX1000 
Sound: Sound Blaster Z 
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D 

Peripherals:

LG 27" Monitor 
Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard 
Logitech G502 Mouse 
Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset 
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller 

snip

are you really sure it's not sleeping while being left for a while?(Black screen etc.) you can also manually set the number of minutes it takes before it sleeps try messing with that.

also Using a fan directly connected to the PSU will not let the hybrid sleep feature work as intended so that might be the problem.

check some background processes. Some apps won't let the pc sleep automatically. I heard VLC had that problem years ago IDK if it's still a problem nowadays.

Or the SSD just makes the booting/resuming really fast that you don't actually notice it anymmore.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

It's definitely not automatically sleeping. If I manual sleep everything shuts off (motherboard led's, fans, etc) when I resume I am prompted for password. If I set the sleep timer to 10 minutes nothing happens.

"also Using a fan directly connected to the PSU will not let the hybrid sleep feature work as intended so that might be the problem." - Not sure what you mean by this?