Firefox Beta (64bit versions)

Massa9

With IE10 and IE11 having a fit every odd Tuesday, Firefox seems the best choice to use in place of IE as it is not nearly as resource heavy as Chrome. I have a feeling i am not alone in re-installing firefox when Internet Explorer is being....Internet Explorer.  With that out of the way, I can say that most of the betas i have used with 64 bit support have been decent enough. I would not know what to look for if it was not stable or performing well.  i would like to know if anyone is having a sub par experience with Firefox Beta 64bit versions. 

For the brief period I used it it has worked just fine. The only gripe I have with firefox is meh youtube support (because of closed source encoding)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have used for quite a while firefox nightly builds, the  64 bit versions, and i must say it was performing pretty well. The only downside was flash player support back then,

but now with html5 player on youtbe and many other sites i think there should be no problems.

The site has changed....

i currently use a build of waterfox (64 bit firefox) and cyberfox (also 64bit firefox). i used x64 bit mozilla nightlies in the past and didnt necessarily like them... having good speed/success with cyberfox. currently can run the 64 bit on my laptop whereas the official 32bit mozilla firefox will crash as soon as i loads

For the brief period I used it it has worked just fine. The only gripe I have with firefox is meh youtube support (because of closed source encoding)

From just guessing i would put Firefox somewhere in between chrome and ie for HTML5(player) support. IE10 and 11 seem ancient compared to quite a few browsers and i read that it was 90% or 92% HTML5 integrated , i just don't quite believe that so Active X stays on. Perhaps your using flashblock for moxilla ?i did not realize it blocks both flash and HTML5 by default. 

Check that previous comment on not an issue.. Somewhere around installing Firefox i have been getting two critical error messages almost daily, so says the event log. The one that bugs me is a task process type error. scvhost error.  event id 455 process id 1832.  From what read earlier it is something to do with windows logging and recovery and possibly drive permissions related.   Though i cannot link it to firefox in anyway. Actually the error messages only start about 1 hour after a few Windows Updates

From just guessing i would put Firefox somewhere in between chrome and ie for HTML5(player) support. IE10 and 11 seem ancient compared to quite a few browsers and i read that it was 90% or 92% HTML5 integrated , i just don't quite believe that so Active X stays on. Perhaps your using flashblock for moxilla ?i did not realize it blocks both flash and HTML5 by default. 

firefox fully supports html5, what it doesn't support is h.264 because it's not open. and youtube uses it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*