PCIE 16X Extra Long Riser for GPU

Anyone know of any extra long (like maybe 1ft) pcie16x risers? It will be for a GTX970.

I don't care about the cost, I would prefer to spend more for higher reliability.

I haven't thought of a good signature yet.

3M makes PCIe x16 extension cables that are about 10" (250 mm) long. They are also shielded so you don't have to worry too much about interferences

Mouser carries them, but they aren't exactly cheap (about $100 ea.). I bought a pair for my build (still in progress)

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/3M-Electronic-Solutions-Division/8KC3-0726-0250/?qs=sA3qAAQcQeGUg2lxOdGD%252bA%3D%3D

Uhh, not sure if they can make them that long (12 or so inches). And if you try and connect multiple risers you risk setting fire to the cables.

Some guy here not too long back tried daisy-chaining two risers together and it set fire to the less-insulated one.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I've tried searching for one a few times. They don't seem to make one at a length that lets you run a GPU outside the case. I believe the cable can only be made so long before data loss or electrical resistance (heat) starts to become a problem.

Daisy chaining risers might seem like a solution, but do that at your own risk. I've never tried that before.

3M makes PCIe x16 extension cables that are about 10" (250 mm) long. They are also shielded so you don't have to worry too much about interferences

Mouser carries them, but they aren't exactly cheap (about $100 ea.). I bought a pair for my build (still in progress)

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/3M-Electronic-Solutions-Division/8KC3-0726-0250/?qs=sA3qAAQcQeGUg2lxOdGD%252bA%3D%3D

Uhh, not sure if they can make them that long (12 or so inches). And if you try and connect multiple risers you risk setting fire to the cables.

Some guy here not too long back tried daisy-chaining two risers together and it set fire to the less-insulated one.

Thank you all! I think I will be trying that one from mouser you provided LED_Guy.

I haven't thought of a good signature yet.