3rd party photoviewer program?

1832vin

well, i installed windows 10, and everything is in bad shape, and the photo viewer is not working

i want to find an other 3rd party app that works and doesn't look like a 2000s photo viewer program.

any? i can't find any that just lets me to view pictures

Although Gimp looks like a piece of crap, its only rivaled by photoshop and some other program I can't remember the name of. And its Free, which doesn't hurt.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Although Gimp looks like a piece of crap, its only rivaled by photoshop and some other program I can't remember the name of. And its Free, which doesn't hurt.

Photoshop is not a rival. because Photoshop wrecks gimp. gimp is terrible

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

hey, i use GIMP, but it's not a photo viewer, it's a photo editor, but thanks; it's always happy to know people know this software

plxr

Photoshop is not a rival. because Photoshop wrecks gimp. gimp is terrible

depends on what you want to do; personally, i think Photoshop it not very useful in alot of my situations, and i always find my self back at the console to tweek  pictures

sounds ridiculous? yeah, i find that too; using non-GUI to tweek graphics; but it's just that awkward to me;

but in photoshop's defense, it's not a bad software, but just that it could have been better

If you don't like the Metro-style "Photos" app, you can give Windows Photo Viewer all of its defaults using the Default Programs app.

plxr

photo VIEWER

i want to be able to see my photos in a program, not just icons

a photoVIEWER

not a photo editor

If you don't like the Metro-style "Photos" app, you can give Windows Photo Viewer all of its defaults using the Default Programs app.

=.=

i just said it's not working, that's why i need another replacer

=.=

i just said it's not working, that's why i need another replacer

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Photos app that is the immediate default after installation.

You ought to fix it though.

depends on what you want to do; personally, i think Photoshop it not very useful in alot of my situations, and i always find my self back at the console to tweek  pictures

sounds ridiculous? yeah, i find that too; using non-GUI to tweek graphics; but it's just that awkward to me;

but in photoshop's defense, it's not a bad software, but just that it could have been better

Photoshop is better

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

http://www.bandisoft.com/honeyview/ this is one I have used in the past. its a shame microsoft didn't implement XP's animated GIF support for both the photo viewer and wallpaper...

thx, man

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Photos app that is the immediate default after installation.

You ought to fix it though.

i'm trying to fix the "remote procedure call failed" thingy, but nothing's working, went to quite a few things, and i gave up, as long as it doesn't affect me, i don't wanna re-install again

Photoshop is better

AS I SAID,

photoshop, is indeed better, but it can be much better

here's an analogy:

3D softwares;

3DS MAX is the best software out there for 3D, literally,  but it can still improve more, i mean, have you ever seen the UI?  but i also use blender too

same thing here, there's people using GIMP for their own reasons, mainly because there's less features, and therefore most features offers much more manual control

IrfanView?

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

AS I SAID,

photoshop, is indeed better, but it can be much better

No need for caps. if you press cap locks it will go off 

your second part doesn't make sense to be honest with you 

looks like from the 2000s?

How does the aesthetic of the UI matter?

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

No need for caps. if you press cap locks it will go off 

your second part doesn't make sense to be honest with you

kay, was it a grammar thing? or was is a context thing?

tbh, i'm not very good at conveying messages

How does the aesthetic of the UI matter?

ok it doesn't; i give in,

now how do i close a thread?