I am confused at what to choose. TItan X vs gtx 980 Ti Premier cc

I am curently using a 3.5 ghz 6 core mac pro ( Trash can ) with Dual firepro D5000.  My work drives are 4-4TB WD in raid 0( with nightly backups) and a 480 GB owc cache.  I work for a church and we have a world wide TV Ministry.   I export each program in up to 5 different formats so this is just too much on my Mac.  Instead of paying 12k for the next best Mac I am considering building a PC.  

Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz 

ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

I will be just moving my raid 0 and cache drive over.  As far as OS I am considering 2 SSD in raid 0 or a pci SSD.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

980 ti.

They are better budget/performance.

And unless you are doing OTF encoding in H265, you won't need the Titan X

Awesome! 

Future expansion would adding another 980ti in sli help any?

I am curently using a 3.5 ghz 6 core mac pro ( Trash can ) with Dual firepro D5000.  My work drives are 4-4TB WD in raid 0( with nightly backups) and a 480 GB owc cache.  I work for a church and we have a world wide TV Ministry.   I export each program in up to 5 different formats so this is just too much on my Mac.  Instead of paying 12k for the next best Mac I am considering building a PC.  

Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz 

ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

I will be just moving my raid 0 and cache drive over.  As far as OS I am considering 2 SSD in raid 0 or a pci SSD.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

980Ti but also change that power supply it isn't good, get something like the EVGA GS

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

980 ti with a good aftermaket cooler (from msi, gigabyte...) beats the titan x in performance so go with the 980ti

Thank you everyone for the responses and help.

What cooler would you choose?  Do I need a water cooler for the CPU?   I will be working on this machine 6-10 hours a day 5 days a week.  I need all the components to last.

Awesome! 

Future expansion would adding another 980ti in sli help any?

You cant SLI them for content creation; but yes two is good. Dont think you can use more than 1 GPU per encode though - so just means you would be abel to encode 2 videos at the same time..

Drop the 5930K to a 5820K also... unless you are gonna do like me and put a ton of PCI-E SSDs in.