VPN problems

pants18

I'm trying to set up a self hosted vpn (pptp) so that i can run splashtop where ever i want to rather than having to be on the same lan. I can go as far as to set it up on my windows 7 machine (make a new incoming connection, create a new user to connect through, port-forward port 1723, etc.) and i am able to connect with my android device successfully through its 3g connection. However where the problems start to occur is when i try to access the internet on my phone (droid x if that matters). It says that it's connected through 3g and successfully connected through the vpn to my computer, but if i go to my browser or any internet application on my phone nothing will load. Ive tried google-ing solutions and havent found anything to fix this problem so I'm hoping if the forum can. And by the way I'm grandfathered into an unlimited data plan so please don't tell me that it will chow my data because i don't care.

Use log me in it works just like that but will load pages but at home its your bandwith that's where the problem occurs

Use log me in it works just like that but will load pages but at home its your bandwith that's where the problem occurs

I may if i cannot find another solution. However I would still like to find a way to solve my original problem.