Custom Made PC Desk

Ykno

So i wanted a desk big enough for my needs and L shape but with no legs in the way of where my legs would be, most i found where £150+ so i decided to build my own.

So i started with my original desk

Spoiler

And brought MDF board from B&Q got it cut to 1800mm X 500mm

Spoiler

I cut some leg supports using the cut offs from the MDF had to glue them together to make it a wider support/

Spoiler

dismantled the draws on the original desk and made them in to legs and joined the old desk to the mdf with a flat bracket

Spoiler

Used an old set of draws to make the other sides legs.

Spoiler

i also added a triangle piece in the corner so i could sit in the corner of desk to remove the right angle so i could sit there This is how it was left for a long time.

I then moved house and took this to upgrade the desk. (unfortunately i didn't take any pictures)

I removed the draws to increase under desk storage, removed the wooden legs and replaced with 8 metal table legs. placed around the sides and back edges to leave full leg room to move about the table.

added 3mm ply wood to make up the difference in thickness from original desk to the mdf board. then wrapped it in black vinyl.

Installed a dual arm monitor stand screwed though the table and added cable holes for cables to go through on both ends.

then added a set of draws to the end of desk for storage and to pull down on the wood of the original desk which got a bit warped in moving house.

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

looks good are you using a fish eye lens her or is there actually a curve in the desk it's pretty hard to tell as the keyboard looks like a straight edge but the desk doesn't.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

looks good are you using a fish eye lens her or is there actually a curve in the desk it's pretty hard to tell as the keyboard looks like a straight edge but the desk doesn't.

Lenses. Look at the monitors curved backwards, pretty sure that isn't a new trend ;)

Lenses. Look at the monitors curved backwards, pretty sure that isn't a new trend ;)

also the wall behind it. xD

looks nice.

i plan on adding more to my current desk. which is a good solid couple hundred pounds of solid oak. x'D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

its a panoramic picture not sure why its bend the image tho xD

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |