direct x 12

jjohnthedon1
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,

You will not see much extra fps as current games have to be rewritten with DX12 support. DX12 games that will release will see a lower cpu usage, but the gpu will still do most of the work. Ashes of the Singularity is an upcoming game and benchmarks show that Nvidia cards will not gain much fps in DX12 than DX11, but AMD will see some big improvements.

hi guys, so i have a 980ti and it hits 100 percent load in games so can i expect to see any extra fps with direct x 12 or will it just lower my cpu overhead as i can already max the card out ?

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Most games that you have now won't support it, so you won't notice increase in those games. But in games that support it, you should notice some decent improvements.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

hi guys, so i have a 980ti and it hits 100 percent load in games so can i expect to see any extra fps with direct x 12 or will it just lower my cpu overhead as i can already max the card out ?

maybe a little bit, not much of a difference with a higher-end build, it should benefit lower end cpus the most

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

You will not see much extra fps as current games have to be rewritten with DX12 support. DX12 games that will release will see a lower cpu usage, but the gpu will still do most of the work. Ashes of the Singularity is an upcoming game and benchmarks show that Nvidia cards will not gain much fps in DX12 than DX11, but AMD will see some big improvements.

cheers guys

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933