Wamp, Hosting a Website

Rhoug

Hello,

I am a WAMP user, and i know that i cant host a website, using it... i searched all over the web, and i followed a lot of instructions about opening wamp to the web, but none works.

I use NO-IP as a dns service!

Can someone help me opening WAMP to the web, and hosting my website with WAMP?

plz +1 LIKE to the helpers (:

Assuming that you are hosting at home on a residential DSL line you need to forward ports on your router... You wont be able to use port 80 most likely...

Hello,

I am a WAMP user, and i know that i cant host a website, using it... i searched all over the web, and i followed a lot of instructions about opening wamp to the web, but none works.

I use NO-IP as a dns service!

plz +1 LIKE to the helpers (:

this is very simple, set up WAMP   on a pc, and open up port 80 on your router to allow incomming traffic to access your site, then find out your EXTERNAL IP and type that in, in theory it should work Pm me if you need any help

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Assuming that you are hosting at home on a residential DSL line you need to forward ports on your router... You wont be able to use port 80 most likely...

I am forwarding the 8080(Wamp Port) and 443 on my router, but still not working!

I am forwarding the 8080(Wamp Port) and 443 on my router, but still not working!

You cant forward 443...

Most ISPs block it; try using non standard ports like 5231 and 5232 to test it and make sure you are sending it to the right lan computer. Also check you dont have a firewall on the LAN PC

You cant forward 443...

Most ISPs block it; try using non standard ports like 5231 and 5232 to test it and make sure you are sending it to the right lan computer. Also check you dont have a firewall on the LAN PC

Still not working!

Firewall on that PC? Oh and its WAMP so you probably need to run apache as a service and bind it to a port

Advise would be get a cheap website host, hosting from home PC is not best ideas. Slow, unreliable..

And insecure.

Hosting a webapplication from your home PC using WAMP - oh my god, you'll get PWNED.

:]

Why not just make a LAMP server in a VM? More secure and it just works. I've only used XAMPP 1-2 times and it seems like a very bad idea to run it on your desktop computers host OS.

If you are going to host your own site and it's small (not wordpress or drupal based) then get a raspberry pi. Silent, secure and low power.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

You've right clicked on the wamp server in tray and selected Go Online, right?

Also you must forward 80 to your internal ip address.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If you are going to host your own site and it's small (not wordpress or drupal based) then get a raspberry pi. Silent, secure and low power.

The Pi can handle very heavy sites as long as they don't involve a ridiculous amount of SQL queries. I've been hosting a site from home on my Pi for some time now

1) I use FreeDNS (google it)

2) Please don't open your desktop to the internet. Use a machine that is not so important, or a small linux-based computer like a Raspberry Pi. Hosting from your desktop will make you and your files vulnerable to zero-day attacks, especially if all your ports are forwarded.

3) I'd strongly recommend you use an online host.

www.squarespace.com

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.