amd ramdisk question

jamese669

yes.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Yes, your RAM gets wiped every time you restart your PC, so simply uninstall the program and restart your PC and everything will go back to normal.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

but if you only have 8gb it's not really worth it at all. I tried it with my 8gb, wasn't large enough to make a sizable difference.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

but if you only have 8gb it's not really worth it at all. I tried it with my 8gb, wasn't large enough to make a sizable difference.

i dont even no how it works XD do the programs i use  need to be on the disk or not

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

Here's a video from  Linus about the Ramdisk, I think this will help you

-  AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - Asrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro - 2x 4GB G.Skill - AMD Radeon 7850 VTX3D X-Edition 2GB - Samsung 840 120GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Green 320GB - Thermaltake SmartPower 530W -

- Logitech G500 - Steelseries Qck - Sennheiser HD449 + Zalman MIC1 - Corsair Vengeance K70 -

Eh, i was wondering about something, since the RAMDisk is a sort of temporary virtual flash cache, and i load my singleplayer games onto the RAMDisk, after some gameplay progression and i saved, would i lose the save data when i turn off the computer? Or would it write to my HDD simultaneously in the background/save when the RAMDisk is erased?

If it works without too much of a hassle going 32gb for a RAMDisk might not be such a bad idea, considering that the 32gb of ram can be used elsewhere as well.

Eh, i was wondering about something, since the RAMDisk is a sort of temporary virtual flash cache, and i load my singleplayer games onto the RAMDisk, after some gameplay progression and i saved, would i lose the save data when i turn off the computer? Or would it write to my HDD simultaneously in the background/save when the RAMDisk is erased?

If it works without too much of a hassle going 32gb for a RAMDisk might not be such a bad idea, considering that the 32gb of ram can be used elsewhere as well.

you would transfer the files over to an SSD before you shut down. so it wouldn't lose progress

Daily Driver: