Looking for a new tablet.

johnnyTheMac

Hello,

I am looking for a new tablet. I have exprience with a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, Surface Pro 3 and an iPad. I do not like the iPad. The Surface is great, but even the Surface 3 is still more of a mini-laptop to me. I still have to use the keyboard and pen because I always seem to find myself in the desktop environment instead in tablet mode. If I were in the market for a laptop, too, I would probably get it. I think I want to stay with an Android device.

I would like at least a 10" tablet. It will be used strictly for movies (local network streaming, on device playing and Netflix/Hulu streaming), music, minimal web surfing and game streaming via Gamestream/Moonlight. I am looking at the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet, but it is really expensive...especially because I would have to order it from Taiwan, as it is not released in the US yet. And if anything were to go wrong with it, the warranty process would be hell. I am also looking at the Samsung Tab s 10.5. It really looks like a nice tablet, but there are some mixed reviews out there. Lenovo also has a 10" tablet, the Tab2 A 10-70, which looks okay because of the high resolution IPS display and the price. However, I am a bit skepitcal because I do believe that most times if it is to good to be true it mostly is and you get what you pay for.

To wrap it up, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for me? Or, does anyone have any experience with any of the tablets I have mentioned? My budget is around $500 USD.

Thank you in advance for your help!

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH4 | RAM: 8 GB Blue Ares | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 GHz Edition | Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White | Storage: 250 GB SSD Corsair Neutron - 128 GB SSD Kingston - 1 TB WD Black | PSU: Corsair 850 watt | Display: 3 x Dell S2340M 23-Inch IPS 

An iPad Air?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

An iPad Air?

Thank you for your reply, but I do not like iOS (and this is coming from someone who uses a Mac Mini for their everyday computing). My wife has one and I don't care to use it for my needs.

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH4 | RAM: 8 GB Blue Ares | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 GHz Edition | Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White | Storage: 250 GB SSD Corsair Neutron - 128 GB SSD Kingston - 1 TB WD Black | PSU: Corsair 850 watt | Display: 3 x Dell S2340M 23-Inch IPS 

I would try the note series of tablets from the Samsung line or the Asus zen pad but those may be a bit small compared to what you are looking for.