waiting till pascal?

Pandora

so im going to go out on a limb and assume that the pascal 1080ti (lel) wont release until q4 2016 or q1 2017 . i feel thats a fair estimate. with the gains that nvidia is claming that are comming with pascal is it worth it to upgrade to sli gtx 980ti's now?

i am currently running sli 970's with a 1440p 120hz monitor.

i dont plan on ever upgrading to 4k unless it becomes the standard everywhere.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

sli 970s and your planning on upgrading lmao?

sli 970s and your planning on upgrading lmao?

i play mostly modded skyrim now and i am reaching the upper limit on my vram and sli doesn't scale well with my mods. i have 110+ mods installed.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss