ASUS G75 Temperatures

Getov

I've bought my laptop 2 months ago. I play from time to time to chill out and I am concerned about the temperatures. I've never had a gaming laptop before so I am not sure what to expect.

Anyway... on Skyrim (and every other more intensive game like BF3, Crysis 3) everything maxed out I reach about 81C degrees for the CPU and about 60-65 for the GPU.

On Diablo III I reach 74C degrees for CPU and 60C for the GPU - that I think is normal.

Another thing to mention is that the room temperatures are about 25-26C degrees.

Do you think these temperatures are normal ?

Specs:

CPU: i7 3630QM

GPU: GTX670MX

Your GPU is fine,GPUs can easily handle temps up to 95c. As for the CPU IMO that is a bit hot (i'm paranoid about CPU temps mainly because mine was so expensive) so check if there is any dust gather up in the heatsink and clean it if so. Although if not you can always ramp up the fan using fan control software if you don't mind the noise or even downclock it a bit (maybe 3 Ghz? being an i7 it's IPC is more than sufficient for games at lower clocks), after all it's turbo frequency is an increase of 1 Ghz which in my experience temps rise ~10c for both my idle and load.

If these don't help tell me what the CPU usage is when running said games and i'll try think of something else.

PS: Your CPU's TJ max or fail safe shutdown/throttle temp is 105c so it should be fine but obviously it's dependant on whether the user is comfortable with said temps, a good rule of thumb is the cooler the CPU the longer it'll last and the less problems it'll have if any at all.

Case: ThermalTake Level 10 GT, Motherboard: Asrock X79 Extreme9, CPU: i7 3930K @ 4.4Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D14, RAM: 4x4GB 2133Mhz Corsair Dominator, GPU: Asus GTX 670 Direct CUII 2GB @ 1228Mhz max boost clock, PSU: ThermalTake Toughpower XT 875W, Drives: Western Digital RE4 1TB HDD (System), Corsair Accelerator 60GB Cache Drive (Smart Response Technology), Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Backup)

There is definitely dust in my heatsink and I will clean it as soon as I buy a can of compressed air.

The downclock is not a bad idea because I am not really a hardcore gamer and I have a desktop for games. I am mainly programming on my laptop and from time to time I run some games.

If these don't help tell me what the CPU usage is when running said games and i'll try think of something else.

Do you have in mind turning off some cores ? (if that's possible on a laptop)

Anyway I don't want to change anything besides cleaning it. I will see how it performs and then if it still gets hot we will think of something.

i used to have a G73Sw and my GPU would heat up to 93 degrees celcius when I ran a benchmark. It's simply the nature of laptops to heat up alot. :(

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14