Just updated my graphics card (R9 290 to 390) and my BenQ 144Hz monitor is locked at 60Hz.

Kubutops

Note I am using DVI dual link! :)

Hello everyone. I just updated my graphics card after I gave it to my girlfriend who is building her first build. After I hooked up my GPU I wanted to try it out to see what it could do. The first thing I check was the refresh rate before I played a game to test it. I saw that it set at 60Hz and I can't make it go higher. Everything was the same in my build now besides my graphics cards, thus I think this maybe more of a problem with some settings in the graphics card. I swapped out the cards and hooked everything back up including my Benq xl2411z with a DVI dual link to the graphics card itself (not the mobo). Things that I have tried as of now:

• Updated catalyst control center drivers
  • Attempted to alter the refresh rate in the advanced display settings in the Display adapter properties
  • Attempted the change the refresh rate in CCC, but I am having trouble finding the correct options to alter the refresh rate

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can attempt to fix it? I assumed that the only thing that i changed was the GPU, so the problem is with a setting in the GPU. Thanks for you time.

try it in display port , i got same videocard , im playing always in display port

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Note I am using DVI dual link! :)

Hello everyone. I just updated my graphics card after I gave it to my girlfriend who is building her first build. After I hooked up my GPU I wanted to try it out to see what it could do. The first thing I check was the refresh rate before I played a game to test it. I saw that it set at 60Hz and I can't make it go higher. Everything was the same in my build now besides my graphics cards, thus I think this maybe more of a problem with some settings in the graphics card. I swapped out the cards and hooked everything back up including my Benq xl2411z with a DVI dual link to the graphics card itself (not the mobo). Things that I have tried as of now:

• Updated catalyst control center drivers
  • Attempted to alter the refresh rate in the advanced display settings in the Display adapter properties
  • Attempted the change the refresh rate in CCC, but I am having trouble finding the correct options to alter the refresh rate

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can attempt to fix it? I assumed that the only thing that i changed was the GPU, so the problem is with a setting in the GPU. Thanks for you time.

otherwhise press right click in dekstop , press personalize press advanced settings , clikc the monitor tab and change the screen refresh rate there

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

I don't have a displayport cable and my BenQ didn't come with one unfortunately. Also I am not seeing where the advanced settings are in the personalize menu. I am on windows 10 btw.

If your card has more than one DVI-port, one of them might be a single-link one. I had this exact problem, I couldn't get my refresh rate to go over 60hz on a 144hz monitor until I switched to the other DVI-port and ta-da, suddenly the problem was gone. As it turns out only one of the ports on the card was a dual-link one. I believe the card in question was either a 280x or a 290x, thought that's not really relevant.

What exact model is your card?

Liquid cooling since 2002.

I don't have a displayport cable and my BenQ didn't come with one unfortunately. Also I am not seeing where the advanced settings are in the personalize menu. I am on windows 10 btw.

ooh crap , i was talking on how to do it in windows 7