VN247H? Thoughts?

HEY LTT! It's been a while!

The monitor I had been using up until this point has up and decided to die. 

So tomorrow I will be picking up a new one. I plan on getting the Asus VN247H and going triple monitor with it. I absolutely love how it looks on display at work and that bezel is fantastically thin.

Does anyone have any experience with this monitor and any thoughts to share with me? 

Thanks guys and gals!

Longbow

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Believe this monitor experiences some ghosting(someone correct me if im wrong). But Asus is a great monitor, Vesa mounts are a plus, and if u like the way it looks then that half the decision right there.

It's just a decent 1080p TN Panel display. 

If I were you I'd look for an IPS Panel display, at 1080p around that screen size you can get one for the same price, and they will have better colour accuracy and better viewing angles, meaning little to no colour shift. 

If you are looking for super thin bezels, in the UK this one is the same price as the Asus, the Dell U2414H, or for even cheaper the Dell S2340L

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

It's just a decent 1080p TN Panel display. 

If I were you I'd look for an IPS Panel display, at 1080p around that screen size you can get one for the same price, and they will have better colour accuracy and better viewing angles, meaning little to no colour shift. 

If you are looking for super thin bezels, in the UK this one is the same price as the Asus, the Dell U2414H, or for even cheaper the Dell S2340L

Do you happen to know the response times on those? I didnt see it from a quick google search.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Do you happen to know the response times on those? I didnt see it from a quick google search.

I think one is 7ms the other is 8ms, but don't get caught up too much on the response times. 

Here this is an in depth review of the U2414H http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

And this is the bit that relates to response times: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2414h.htm#gaming

So you can see that it performs really well. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I think one is 7ms the other is 8ms, but don't get caught up too much on the response times. 

Here this is an in depth review of the U2414H http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

And this is the bit that relates to response times: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2414h.htm#gaming

So you can see that it performs really well. 

That second link just blew my mind.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

That second link just blew my mind.

Lool in a good way I hope?  :D

Lool in a good way I hope?  :D

Yes!! 

My issue is I work at Micro Center in Columbus Ohio and we're out of stock of that guy. </3

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

Yes!! 

My issue is I work at Micro Center in Columbus Ohio and we're out of stock of that guy. </3

Oh damn :c 

Well if you need it soon and if you want to purchase it from your work (I assume so because of discounts or w/e?) then there are a few other 1080p IPS displays around the same price which will look just as nice visually, and then design wise I guess you can see how they look from your displays/stock. I'd just make sure you go with IPS! 

Oh damn :c 

Well if you need it soon and if you want to purchase it from your work (I assume so because of discounts or w/e?) then there are a few other 1080p IPS displays around the same price which will look just as nice visually, and then design wise I guess you can see how they look from your displays/stock. I'd just make sure you go with IPS! 

I would love to get it from work because its much easier to return there if something is wrong and I can get the extra coverage on it so if something fails later down the road I can turn around with the price I paid on a gift card and get the same/something better.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore