Drawing Tablets

GaugeII

Recently i have been interested in purchasing a drawing tablet for a relative that is art and though the internet contains all the information i need, it is also vast. With this particular market, is relatively difficult to make a choice without external introductions. That is why i thought the good people of Linus media group might be willing to get involved. 

This is more or less a way generate interest in the matter and see how many others have also had this thought.

Just buy any tablet from Wacom that fits your budget, anything else would be a waste of money. The entire Wacom lineup is considered great, so there is really not much of a point in looking elsewhere. :)

Cheers,

Linus

Just buy any tablet from Wacom that fits your budget, anything else would be a waste of money. The entire Wacom lineup is considered great, so there is really not much of a point in looking elsewhere. :)

Wacom's Bamboo line of products are great for people who have never used a graphics tablet before and want to start out.  After that comes the "professional" Intuos line which are great, and finally the top end are the Cintiq tablet displays.  Wacom is the industry leader for graphics tablets.

EDIT: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products

Seems Wacom has merged their Bamboo tablets into the Intuos line of products and the Bamboo are now mainly multi-gesture touchpad devices and stylus to use with tablets such as iPads and Android devices.

Anyway, you will never be wrong buying a Wacom product.  Can't say the same for non-Wacom tablets.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Not quite a drawing tablet but I'd like to give a shoutout to the Surface Pro 3.

Had an artist friend of mine use it and he came up with this in a few hours:

11023330_1454817891486851_46816055650466

This was drawn on the free sketch app seeing as I didn't have photoshop at the time.

His verdict, not perfect but quite good.

Edit:

He uses a drawing tablet usually, not sure which model though.

PC 1 Workstation/Gaming: Intel i7 5820K, GTX 980 SLI 16GB DDR4
PC 2 Capture/Stream: Intel i7 5820K, GTX 970, 32GB DDR4

Capture card: SC-512N1-L/DVI

Mixer: Behringer X2222USB

Consoles: Mountain of retro stuff