Suggestion for a 1080p Display

MegabassNote
Go to solution Solved by killerson69,

Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor little more expensive . but worth it.

I'm currently working on some upgrades to my gaming setup and I'm shopping for some new monitors.

I'm looking for 1080p at around $100 - $200 USD, preferably with display port as an input and 25" to 27" in size. I'm not particular about refresh rate since I know that the higher refresh rate monitors are often much more expensive, but the higher, the better.

I'm just looking for suggestions, so anything goes. Just keep in constructive please. Thanks!

--EDIT--

Should probably mention, it needs to be VESA compatible to be used with my monitor mount.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G246HL-Abd-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B0098Y77OG/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427672514&sr=1-3&keywords=IPS

This one's pretty decent for the price, except its 24" and doesn't have a DP input :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G246HL-Abd-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B0098Y77OG/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427672514&sr=1-3&keywords=IPS

This one's pretty decent for the price, except its 24" and doesn't have a DP input :/

It's decent, but the fact it doesn't even have hdmi, is a bit of a turn off

And yes, I know I can get adapters, but I'd just rather have the native input on the monitor, rather then have to fuss with getting adapters as well.

Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor little more expensive . but worth it.

Pretty good monitor, but as you said its a bit out of my price range, but for being 144hz, if I couldn't find something else, I might go for it.

Monitors? If your getting 3 bezel size should be your top priority

Its not, cause 1: I'm only getting two and 2: even if I was, a 960 isn't going to power a surround setup, nor am I willing to mess with getting it to work.

It's decent, but the fact it doesn't even have hdmi, is a bit of a turn off

And yes, I know I can get adapters, but I'd just rather have the native input on the monitor, rather then have to fuss with getting adapters as well.

Pretty good monitor, but as you said its a bit out of my price range, but for being 144hz, if I couldn't find something else, I might go for it.

Yeah..

Speaking of adapters...

One of my monitors (1050p) is connected via a dvi-d to hdmi cable, and my other monitor (1080p, the one I linked) is connected via a dvi-d to hdmi to dvi-d adapter setup (Two DVI-D to HDMI adapters, then an HDMI cable) lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yeah..

Speaking of adapters...

One of my monitors (1050p) is connected via a dvi-d to hdmi cable, and my other monitor (1080p, the one I linked) is connected via a dvi-d to hdmi to dvi-d adapter setup (Two DVI-D to HDMI adapters, then an HDMI cable) lol

Um... may I ask if there's a reason why you didn't just get a DVI-D cable for it? Seems a bit redundant to me...  :mellow:

Um... may I ask if there's a reason why you didn't just get a DVI-D cable for it? Seems a bit redundant to me...  :mellow:

Already had the HDMI cable and DVI-D to HDMI adapters, didn't feel like spending more money lol

Already had the HDMI cable and DVI-D to HDMI adapters, didn't feel like spending more money lol

Makes sense, though I personally would have just dipped the small amount it would have cost to get a single cable. But that's just me, what ever works, works right?  :P

Makes sense, though I personally would have just dipped the small amount it would have cost to get a single cable. But that's just me, what ever works, works right?  :P

Yeah lol, I'll probably pick up a few DVI cables once I have the money for some more monitors, plan on getting a 2nd of the monitor I linked and a 27" 1440p monitor :P

I would suggest Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch and Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor for your price.. 

They're a little smaller then I like and don't have display port, but they are definitely something to consider if all else fails, thanks! 

Well, other than that i would recommend that you shop around for a monitor that suits your needs.

Well, other than that i would recommend that you shop around for a monitor that suits your needs.

I have, just looking for ideas.

Dell's U2414H is a gorgeous display. It runs on sale under $200 from time to time. They also make similar ultrasharp displays at 25 inch and 27 inch.

JWolf Tech Broadcast

Dell's U2414H is a gorgeous display. It runs on sale under $200 from time to time. They also make similar ultrasharp displays at 25 inch and 27 inch.

Seems like a nice Monitor, especially for someone doing video or photo editing, but unfortunately, with that 8 ms response time, its not gonna be the best gaming monitor, and that's what I'm gonna be using it for primarily. Also, at the current asking price, I might as well shell out the cash for a gaming monitor in the same price point, plus I don't have a use for the extras, such as the USB 3.0 hub or the extra mini displayport for connecting a tablet.

I appreciate the suggestion, but its not quite what I'm looking for.