Mobile Tethering

TheGhzGuy

Hello everyone, I am having a slight issue with my WiFi hotspot on my phone. I have an Unlimited plan from T-Mobile, which I thought meant Unlimited, period. But it seems that I only get 7GB of data for the hotspot. Is there a way to fool the phone into thinking its not Tethering or broadcasting a hotspot when it actually is? Thanks!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Hello everyone, I am having a slight issue with my WiFi hotspot on my phone. I have an Unlimited plan from T-Mobile, which I thought meant Unlimited, period. But it seems that I only get 7GB of data for the hotspot. Is there a way to fool the phone into thinking its not Tethering or broadcasting a hotspot when it actually is? Thanks!

Do you have an Android phone? If so, I have a very simple trick for you.

Do you have an Android phone? If so, I have a very simple trick for you.

Yes I do have an Android.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Yes I do have an Android.

Okay, so disclaimer time then :):

I (Queen "B" Demetria) shall and will not be held responsible in the event of a terminated contract, additional charges to account, or any legal issues. The information I provide is in violation of T-Mobile US's contract, terms of service, and is not permitted under T-Mobile US's standard mobile plans. This guide is provided for educational purposes, not as something needed to follow, so anything 'you' do is your own responsibility and 'you' will will be held accountable for any of 'your' actions in the event of so. This disclaimer isn't meant to scare you, its just to make you aware of T-Mobile US's contract and me not being liable for anything. 

but anyways, I have had very good luck by doing the following, you 'shouldn't' get caught, but there is always the possibility.

1. Navigate to your APN settings(Settings>Cellular Networks>Access Point Names).
  2. Then edit your default APN
  3. navigate to APN type
  4. It should be "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota" by default(don't worry if its not the same).
  5. Edit your APN type to: "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun"(or if your APN is different as noted above, just add ",dun" to whatever you have)
  6. Save your APN and you should be done.

Now, T-Mobile is fully aware of this trick, but they are "fine" with it if you use it within moderation. I personally wouldn't use more than 30GB, but how much you use is your choice. I should also note: Not all of the traffic will be counted as "cellular data", so some of your hotspot data(in your case 7GB) will be used. 

Okay, so disclaimer time then :):

I (Queen "B" Demetria) shall and will not be held responsible in the event of a terminated contract, additional charges to account, or any legal issues. The information I provide is in violation of T-Mobile US's contract, terms of service, and is not permitted under T-Mobile US's standard mobile plans. This guide is provided for educational purposes, not as something needed to follow, so anything 'you' do is your own responsibility and 'you' will will be held accountable for any of 'your' actions in the event of so. This disclaimer isn't meant to scare you, its just to make you aware of T-Mobile US's contract and me not being liable for anything.

but anyways, I have had very good luck by doing the following, you 'shouldn't' get caught, but there is always the possibility.

• Navigate to your APN settings(Settings>Cellular Networks>Access Point Names).
  • Then edit your default APN
  • navigate to APN type
  • It should be "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota" by default(don't worry if its not the same).
  • Edit your APN type to: "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun"(or if your APN is different as noted above, just add ",dun" to whatever you have)
  • Save your APN and you should be done.
Now, T-Mobile is fully aware of this trick, but they are "fine" with it if you use it within moderation. I personally wouldn't use more than 30GB, but how much you use is your choice. I should also note: Not all of the traffic will be counted as "cellular data", so some of your hotspot data(in your case 7GB) will be used.

Thanks so much! This helps!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock