Good Laptops or tablets for under $600 usd

C.G.F.Sabre

I am in the market for a new laptop or tablet. I would like to be able to play games, maybe some sony vegas and photoshop. Also I do know nothing for $600 dollars would be that good. Games wise I play lots of civ, csgo, battefield but that does not matter for these, and I play mc, and some other rts games. Also I would be willing to go a bit higher if it was a good deal. Like a refurbished one or just a good deal.

I am in the market for a new laptop or tablet. I would like to be able to play games, maybe some sony vegas and photoshop. Also I do know nothing for $600 dollars would be that good. Games wise I play lots of civ, csgo, battefield but that does not matter for these, and I play mc, and some other rts games. Also I would be willing to go a bit higher if it was a good deal. Like a refurbished one or just a good deal.

for 600$ you wont get a quality laptop that can play games. You can get a really nice laptop without a GPU, but not one with a gpu for 600. your only real chance is lenovos line up, I believe their low end dedicated gpus are sub 600, but clearly there's quality sacrifices to get there. 

for 600$ you wont get a quality laptop that can play games. You can get a really nice laptop without a GPU, but not one with a gpu for 600. your only real chance is lenovos line up, I believe their low end dedicated gpus are sub 600, but clearly there's quality sacrifices to get there. 

well what would you recomend.

This is fairly decent for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-K751MA-DS21TQ-17-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Laptop/dp/B00S43PS1G/ref=dp_ob_image_def

I fairly certain it does not have a dedicated graphics card but an on board one but does have an HDMI out and a USB3.0 on it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Any reason for the portability? A desktop would be great as well. Let me see what I can dig up.

Edit: This seems amazing for the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232605

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I don't think it will run games that well.

Unfortunately for under $600 your not going to find a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. ASUS has a fair range of laptops that can game.

You could look at Lenovo or even *shudder* Dell for something that might work out. My top suggestion is either ASUS or Lenovo.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Unfortunately for under $600 your not going to find a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. ASUS has a fair range of laptops that can game.

You could look at Lenovo or even *shudder* Dell for something that might work out. My top suggestion is either ASUS or Lenovo.

Well I am open to suggestions.

well I go to my friends alot and I do have a desktop, also I have heard that a laptop is very helpful for high school.

A cheap desktop (~600 dollars with Windows key and Monitor/Mouse/Keyboard) is possible and will have much more performance than a laptop. Unless your highschool allows you to bring computers to school, go for a desktop.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

A cheap desktop (~600 dollars with Windows key and Monitor/Mouse/Keyboard) is possible and will have much more performance than a laptop. Unless your highschool allows you to bring computers to school, go for a desktop.

I have a 1300 dollar desktop that I built. but I need something somewhat close to it because my family does lots of traveling and like I said I go to friends houses a lot.